USP45 damage
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: USP45 damage

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default USP45 damage

Firing pin channel on the breech face has some metal missing around the opening.

6,250 rounds through the gun

Something to worry about or can I keep shooting?

Nos pro patria

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Shooting reloads! Primer pocket erosion. Plain and simple. Permanent damage.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default USP45 damage

I have never fired a reloaded round out of any of my weapons. Not even reman from a company that reloads. Plain and simple, don't be so quick to judge

And I know it's permanent damage and from gas escaping around the primer. Just want to know if I can keep on running the gun or not which I'm pretty sure I can and that you didn't answer.

Nos pro patria
    Last edited by DBLAction454; 04-15-2016 at 06:12 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Location : Sometimes where the gun laws suck, sometimes where they don't.
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DBLAction454 View Post
    I have never fired a reloaded round out of any of my weapons. Not even reman from a company that reloads. Plain and simple, don't be so quick to judge

And I know it's permanent damage and from gas escaping around the primer. Just want to know if I can keep on running the gun or not which I'm pretty sure I can and that you didn't answer.

Nos pro patria
    I would send the photo to Jessie the HK armor in Customer Service and get his opinion.

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Have you ever inspected the channel before? I'm not experienced and didn't sleep at a quality Inn express, but it almost looks like there isn't wear and tear on 2/3 of the area where the material is missing. Almost like it was finished and came from the factory like that

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by warbirds View Post
    Have you ever inspected the channel before? I'm not experienced and didn't sleep at a quality Inn express, but it almost looks like there isn't wear and tear on 2/3 of the area where the material is missing. Almost like it was finished and came from the factory like that

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
    Yeah I know for sure that the damage is new and it was clean from factory. I haven't decided if I'm just gonna keep shooting or send an email to Jesse. It's my range gun so I'm not too worried. And I know it's not HKs fault at all. Shoot long enough and you'll see crap like this happen.

Banned

Location : North of one border South of another East and West of the others
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yeah I know for sure that the damage is new and it was clean from factory. I haven't decided if I'm just gonna keep shooting or send an email to Jesse. It's my range gun so I'm not too worried. And I know it's not HKs fault at all. Shoot long enough and you'll see crap like this happen.
    I'd e-mail Jesse the pic. No matter how long you have been shooting it, HK has a lifetime warranty. The main channel looks fine so it should continue firing fine, but that outer edge is not good at all. If never a reload fired, I would imagine that HK would offer a replacement slide.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

What sort of ammo have you shot through it? Has it been the cheapest stuff you could find? Any steel or aluminum cased?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I shot aluminum cases a long time ago. Ammo was hard to find and the price was good. Couple thousand rounds. It may or may not be the culprit. I know HK recommends not to but also consider over half of the 50,000 rounds fired by Todd Green during his HK45 endurance test was Blazer Aluminum so I made that decision

Nos pro patria

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Firing pin channel on the breech face has some metal missing around the opening.

6,250 rounds through the gun

Something to worry about or can I keep shooting?

Nos pro patria
    That looks like a classic case of spalling or possibly flaking. I usually see it on the inner or outer race of a bearing though.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links