Is the h&k 45c a good conceal carry weapon ? - Page 2
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Is the h&k 45c a good conceal carry weapon ?

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have and love the 45c. It is an accurate shooter and handles .45 ACP recoil great, especially for a compact. It's one of those guns that would be on your short list if you could have only one gun. It conceals well for me in a hybrid holster like the Cross breed, but that is with the flat bottom 8 round magazine. I find the 8 round mag with the pinky extension sticks out a little bit. The 10 round elephants foot mag definitely sticks out. I carry at 3:30. The 45c is definitely bigger than the P2000sk, but slightly smaller than the P30. Appendix carry? I don't know. I'm not a fan anyway and to me the 45c would be a lot of gun to carry that way, especially sitting down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

After buying the HK45, I bought the HK45C for CC (both are SA/DA V1). Carried it for about a year or so and decided I wanted a subcompact, so I brought home a P2000sk LEM and it's been my EDC for the last six years. I don't carry AIWB, so I can't offer any guidance about that.

Here's the size comparison:

The compact 45 caliber line of H&Ks are arguably the best production 45 compact pistols on the market. In my opinion, the P2000sk is the best subcompact pistol on the market today.

As is the case with just about everything else, it all boils down to personal preferences and likes.

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

an HK .45C is in my carry rotation, it happens that today I changed from a P-2000SK in .40 to the HK .45C and is super accurate too BTW.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)

Not as good as a USP45c!!!

Tony

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

OP a carry pistol is kinda a personal choice. What works for one person perfectly fine may not work for another. Body type, carry position and typical clothing choices seem to be the biggest factors in my experience. Sometimes even what works in the winter won't work in the summer for the same person. You should really get one in your hands and hold it against you to have a better idea if it's size works for you. As far a the pistol itself, it's good to go from all the info I know about it.
    MP5SD SW clone SBR with TPM SD can
    MP5 Coharie clone SBR with AAC Striker II can
    MP5-40 Vector clone SBR
    HK45 with Sico Osprey 45 can
    USP40
    VP9
    VP40
    Many Many more non HK firearms

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think the HK45C is a fantastic carry gun. It is very similar to the G19 which is the standard carry autoloader for the internet. Frankly, the only flaw is the too short light rail (necessitated by the mil-size/ winter trigger guard.
    Boy, if you try and pee out a forrest fire all you are going to get is a burnt pecker.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Default Thanks for all comments

Thank all of you for taking the time to give me some really good feed back. It sounds like I cant go wrong by purchasing a HK45C.
    If there is anyone in the Houston area that has a new or lightly used, excellent condition, HK45C for sale you can PM me.
    Blessings

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The 45C is fine for concealed carry. I carry one appendix in a Don Hume holster. Recoil is nothing given I'm slinging 230 grs. Very accurate and easy to shoot well. I put the Talon rubber grips on mine.
    Has anyone considered bobbing the hammer? When cocked it'd be a nice mod. Would the hammer still be heavy enough for reliable ignition?

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I started carrying the VP9 but the butt of the gun stuck out too much and it was just more noticeable. So I started carrying the HK45c and it has been great. Carry it all the time. So glad I sold my Kimber to buy this gun It was sold to me in HK45ct V7 enjoy the LEM setup. But I also enjoy being able to change out the barrel to make more compact. and its also just a accurate as the Kimber was. So that says a lot right there in my book.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pdq5oh View Post
    The 45C is fine for concealed carry. I carry one appendix in a Don Hume holster. Recoil is nothing given I'm slinging 230 grs. Very accurate and easy to shoot well. I put the Talon rubber grips on mine.
    Has anyone considered bobbing the hammer? When cocked it'd be a nice mod. Would the hammer still be heavy enough for reliable ignition?
    If have a decocker I don't see why you couldn't but there might be a reason.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links