Is the h&k 45c a good conceal carry weapon ? - Page 3
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Is the h&k 45c a good conceal carry weapon ?

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

I carry my HK45C, and one spare magazine. I use a TT Gunleather "Mikes Special" IWB leather, with elephant trim. It's really comfortable for me. I always feel it there, but it's not bothersome. It conceals well under some longer T shirts, and very well under a button down.

It's the first pistol I have conceal carried, and it's great. I have run probably a little under 500 rounds through the pistol, with no malfunctions of any kind.

Here it is pictured with an SL8-1/G36K SBR, which is also registered as a pistol in Michigan.

Hidden Content
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

robetp, ya mine's DA/SA with decocker. I'm probably going to do it & see what happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I consider the HK 45C an outstanding carry option assuming the ergonomics and caliber work for you. While the gun is somewhat large for easy concealment, I think usability trumps conceal-ability. Just wear a slightly larger covering shirt or jacket. I'm only 5' 8", 148 lbs., and have never been found to be printing. "Micropistols" are ridiculously overrated and over-hyped. In fact, I think they're outright dangerous in the hands of a great many owners. If/when SHTF I fear many folks won't have the requisite handling or marksmanship skills. Like shoes, I'd rather wear a little large than a little small.
    Illinois Concealed Carry Firearms Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, NRA CCW Instructor, Firearms Expert Witness - Fraternal Order of Police, Member: NRA, ISRA, SAF, ACLDN

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sweersa View Post
    I carry my HK45C, and one spare magazine. I use a TT Gunleather "Mikes Special" IWB leather, with elephant trim. It's really comfortable for me. I always feel it there, but it's not bothersome. It conceals well under some longer T shirts, and very well under a button down.

It's the first pistol I have conceal carried, and it's great. I have run probably a little under 500 rounds through the pistol, with no malfunctions of any kind.

I love carrying my HK45C as well.

Hey...that gun holster is sharp! How is the retention on that leather? Does it maintain it's form or does it stretch over time? I may visit that website myself and order me one for my HK45C.
    Last edited by Militant; 04-29-2016 at 04:09 AM.
    HK P30 HK P30sk HK VP9 HK VP9sk
    HK45c HK USP45c HK USP9c
    HK USP45c Stainless
    HK USP40c Stainless

"Each man needs his own style one which suits him. And any wise man chooses one,
    matching his abilities and concentrates on that til' it's mastered quite completely. No man can learn them all!"

- Kung Fu Grand Master

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Militant View Post
    I love carrying my HK45C as well.

Hey...that gun holster is sharp! How is the retention on that leather? Does it maintain it's form or does it stretch over time? I may visit that website myself and order me one for my HK45C.
    Thank you! In the several months I have carried it, I have not noticed any retention differences on my draws. It has a firm grasp on the gun, I never worry about it falling or slipping out. The leather does have a steel reinforcement piece on the inside to help maintain the shape, and I'd imagine it assists in retention somewhat too. The TT Gunleather holsters are well worth the price, and wait, no question about that IMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Uh, yeah.. is this a trick question? OK, all kidding aside, i carry one everyday in a milt sparks VM2, love it. I don't carry appendix though so I cant help with that part, but you'll love the handgun.
    Last edited by EMERYS; 04-29-2016 at 05:49 AM.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sweersa View Post
    Thank you! In the several months I have carried it, I have not noticed any retention differences on my draws. It has a firm grasp on the gun, I never worry about it falling or slipping out. The leather does have a steel reinforcement piece on the inside to help maintain the shape, and I'd imagine it assists in retention somewhat too. The TT Gunleather holsters are well worth the price, and wait, no question about that IMO.
    Those holster are sweet bro! I visited the site and loved the product. I actually contact the owner yesterday and have been speaking with him for the past few hours about which ones I'm ordering for my HK45C and HKP30SK. Can't wait to get them!

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AGG View Post
    Not as good as a USP45c!!!

Tony
    if you are referring to my "HC.45C is supper accurate" I have the USPc in .45 too, I haven't run them side to side for accuracy but the HK.45C surprises me, every time I shoot it and the HK.45C carries a little easier both good weapons though.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Worth noting that the original HK45 was slated to feature the HK45C frame, rather than the P30 type frame according to what Ken Hackathorn and Larry Vickers envisioned. Not to mention Seal Team 6 went for the Compacts, I honestly prefer it to the HK45 personally, just by handling it… had not shot either though (disclaimer).

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I own both the P2000SK and HK45C. Side by side, there actually is only a slight difference in size. A good holster and belt negates any weight difference. Factor that by your analysis of round count to caliber. I'll take round count. I carry a P30 mag with an XGrip thing on it in my P2000SK. Haven't carried my HK45C in years, or my P30 LEM either.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links