Converting HK USP 9c DAO to DA/SA - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Converting HK USP 9c DAO to DA/SA

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LSP 972 View Post
    Do you know the difference between the original V7, which was a "true" DAO, and the current V7, which is a LEM? If you have the latter, I have several sets of V1 DA/SA parts, taken from recent-production USP Compacts, that will fit your pistol if is an AE or later date code.

I will trade you straight across, the V1 parts for your V7/LEM parts.

But first we need to establish just what vintage your pistol is. As noted earlier, if its an AE or later date code, then what I have should fit your piece and what you have should fit mine. There are a couple of other things to verify, but we'll get to that later. I'll need to see photos of your gun; posting pics here can be a PITA, and is much easier via e-mail. If you are interested in this, know that there several DIY videos that show how to un-install one V package and install another one... or, I can talk you through it. Its not difficult, but can be a bit tedious until you get the hang of it.

Anyway, there it is. BTW; very few HK pistols of the USP/USP Compact/HK45/HK45 Compact genre arrive in the US in anything but V1 DA/SA configuration. The original V7/DAO was one of the most horrible triggers ever put on a handgun. HK sold very few of them due to this, and finally snapped to that fact, went back to the drawing board, and devised the LEM... which many of us believe to be the best "street trigger" ever. I have only seen a grand total of two of these original V7s, both USPc .45 examples. There are enough out there to confuse some folks into thinking its a LEM. You may have one. Or yours may be a regular V1 that either HK/USA or an individual changed to LEM. Or, you may have one of the factory-installed LEM pistols that were imported for submission into the FFDO program 15 years ago; the USPc .40 with LEM was selected, and the government sold most of the other calibers submitted to U.S. vendors. I had one of these in .45.

But its easy to tell what you have, when you know what you're looking at. While there is quite a bit of different things to know, none of it is complicated. It CAN, however, be a bit confusing at times.

If you want to keep this "public" and post your pics here, that's fine. If not, PM me your e-mail address, I'll respond and we can figure out who's on first.

Hey there LSP 972, I have an LEM that is date coded from 2013 that I'd love to do a DA/SA swap with. If you've still perchance got parts I'd love to get in touch. PM me.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    218 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by awkward_pickle View Post
    Hey there LSP 972, I have an LEM that is date coded from 2013 that I'd love to do a DA/SA swap with. If you've still perchance got parts I'd love to get in touch. PM me.
    He passed away a while back.

Post a WTB ad in the Marketplace for the V1 (DA/SA) parts.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    218 Post(s)

@awkward_pickle Check out this WTS ad by @ricky_bobby for the DA/SA parts to convert your LEM back to V1. Link below.

https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-parts-...-off-hk45.html

Besides the parts listed on his ad, you will need the following additional parts:

1. DA/SA Hammer Spring (214300 aka the Blue hammer spring)
    2. Trigger Rebound Spring TRS (209266 or 214164)
    3. Light Firing Pin Block Spring FPBS (209296)
    4. USP Compact Safety/Control Lever (this is different from the HK45 Safety/Control Lever included in his listing)

All of which can be purchased directly from HK Cust Svc or other online vendors (Midwestgunworks.com, Numrich, Brownells, TopGunSupply.com, etc.)

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Thanks for the link!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Thanks for the help guys, just seeing this now. One other thing I'd like to accomplish by swapping is just making the trigger lighter compared to the stock LEM. Is there a particular spring somewhere I should make sure to get? Any advice or pointers appreciated.

In case you can't tell, I'm new to this forum, new to HK and new to shooting in general. Thanks again!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

^hey man - I'll include a Light TRS for you if you want my DA/SA parts, as I have a spare from my LEM conversion kit that I used on my HK45 (it already has a Light TRS from factory) - #1,#3,#4 above should be able to be purchased from HK customer service very cheaply (probably $20)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Ok, think I've tracked down the parts I need besides what @ricky_bobby is offering. One question - why do I need a new safety control lever? I currently have one on my gun and it's ambidextrous. Assuming this is the part in question: https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/view...idproduct=1412

It's the most expensive piece by a factor of four so that's mostly why I'm asking, ha.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

completely anecdotal, but I had a pal who bought a DAO Sig P22X series, he tried to convert it and spent a crap load of money doing it, and it never quite felt right to me. I do believe the HK stuff is better made for swapping parts like this though..ymmv

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yeah HK makes a kit to convert from DA/SA to LEM so I assume they do all right going the other way as well :)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by awkward_pickle View Post
    Ok, think I've tracked down the parts I need besides what @ricky_bobby is offering. One question - why do I need a new safety control lever? I currently have one on my gun and it's ambidextrous. Assuming this is the part in question: https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/view...idproduct=1412

It's the most expensive piece by a factor of four so that's mostly why I'm asking, ha.
    Hey man, don't buy from HKParts for individual small parts like that - they are marked up by at least 100% in my experience - I would get remaining parts from HK Customer Service, or someone like Flagman (GMP Parts Co.) who is a vendor on here -

You need the safety lever as its a different part in the USP series vs. the HK45 series -

I got my LEM conversion kit for $90 while HKParts has them listed for $150 - Hope that helps -

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links