HKPRO Forums banner

What HK was your first.

56K views 471 replies 419 participants last post by  Roland Deschain 
#1 ·
So what HK pistol was you're first purchase. What made you decide to buy it and what platform were you using prior.

As most are aware there seems to be a HK phobia related to spending X amount of dollars for a polymer pistol. Were you in that camp.

Myself my first HK was. P7 grade A.

I never purchased any further HK's until I picked up a VP9.

Luckily my second purchase was a HK45T right when HK was offering their 200.00 rebate.

#3 ·
Hk45. I wanted a .45 that was more of a combat style non-1911 but preferred a thinner more ergonomic grip. The list was thin to start with and the Hk45 was the only one that really fit everything I wanted. I didn't really want to spend that much but I wanted the gun I wanted. Looking back I would do it again in a heartbeat. Over time it has become my favorite gun. It is my CCW 60% of the time and I run it stock except for ambi safety and a set of Trijicon HDs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#7 · (Edited)
My first was a P2000sk. I was looking for a good CCW and I picked it up used at a really good price. The next were 45c, 45c German date code, P30 and just a couple weeks ago an OD USPT 45. Next on my list are USPT 9 and USP 9 stainless. My first handgun was a S&W Sigma LOL! I will say that I never had a malfunction with it and sold it for what I paid for it new.

#8 · (Edited)
A P7M8, then a 2nd, a third, and a fourth. Somewhere in between the second and fourth M8, I fell out of the P7 infatuation.

Six P30s, 2 HK45s, an HK45c, VP9, and several USPs later, I find myself devoid of the P7 itch, but not the HK desire.

Still thinking about that P30sk.... I really need one of those.

Problem is, I just bought a B&T APC9, and need some recovery time from that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#9 ·
Would you believe a HK 91 with 2 extra mags, cleaning kit and sight tool purchased Nov 1978 from B&B Pawn on Yadkin Rd, just outside Ft Bragg. $462.70 with tax out the door. It was my 1st SHTF/.308 rifle. Reason? Reliability, reliability, reliability … Followed by a few P7M8s, USPs, and HK45Cs. Did I mention reliability ???

#10 ·
I was mainly a 9mm guy. Beretta's, Sigs. I went to 45 with a 220. I really liked it and got couple of them. I had eyes HK for along time but couldn't justify the cost, never shooting one before. I ended up selling off my 220's and started missing my 45's. I found a deal on a USP Tactical and took the plunge.
I soon realized I was wrong about justifying the cost. It was worth every penny.

#20 ·
Early 2002, and it was a HK USP 9mm...bought from a friend who was deploying overseas, and wanted more party money ($400) before heading to a strip club...carried a Glock 19 at the time...sadly it was another 13 years before I fired my first P7M8, but that's when I truly came on board that HK was the winner in the debate of who produced the greatest CC pistol

-HKBJJ

#23 ·
P2000SK .40 cal...........................the one and only HK........................USP's are a bit large for my hand................................would like to get another, but not too many places around here carry HK, don't know why. At my age, got rid of all "target" guns, and go with just carry firearms.

#28 ·
My first HK was a USP compact in 9mm, bought back in '02. This was my first gun purchase; I tried a few 1911's, Sigs, Glocks along with a couple different HKs, I just gravitated to the HK. I liked the functionality, quality and a few of my buddies recommended them. I chose a compact because I wanted a gun that could serve as a home defense or range gun as well as concealed carry. The USP compact just fit the bill!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.