Mounting a red dot on hk p2000sk

Thread: Mounting a red dot on hk p2000sk

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Default Mounting a red dot on hk p2000sk

Has any one mounted a Leupold DeltaPoint Pro Pistol Mount Kit Matte on the HK p2000sk. I know that a lot of you wont agree with going with a red dot on a sub compact but my vision is getting progressively worse and without my glasses , lets just say that my age is catching up with me. (contact lenses are not an option). I have a Aimpoint Comp 2 mounted on my Benelli M4 Super 90 and I do just fine with the red dot. The only review that I've seen on the Leupold DeltaPoint Pro Pistol Mount Kit Matte was that some of the parts are plastic. My question is not if it will work, because I know that it does . Is it a good enough quality product or is there a better company that sells a mount that will utilize the existing dove tail groove without modifying the weapon ? As always thanks for all the great advice .
    Blessings

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Not sure on a P2000 but guys are mounting them on G26/27's and its effective based on the short slide/sight radius being mitigated with a quick target acquisition from the RDS.

V/r Tommy
    V/r

Tommy

HK Certified UMP and VP9 Armorer

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I would imagine your best bet would be to have it milled into the slide, assuming you are committed to running it like that. It will also be the lowest profile interface to the weapon, which would be optimal for concealment.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Mounting Delta Point Gen1 using supplied 2 piece mount (steel dovetail insert plus polymer support plate) easily ends up with Deltapoint broken in 2 pieces. Happened to to me. However I had great success in adapting Deltapoint mount to use with Vortex Razor Red Dot. It worked quite well for me. I even took my P2000SK to 3Gun competition to test it.

Hidden Content Hidden Content
    Current: SFP9SD-SF, P2000SK, MR223A3 11.5"
    Past: P30L, P2000, P30, P7M13, Expert, G3 (MKE T41), HK45C, MR223 16.5"/14.5", SFP9-SF
    I'm sponsored competition shooter representing Heckler&Koch, Hornady, Khales & Typhoon Defence brands in Poland

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WellWellWell View Post
    I would imagine your best bet would be to have it milled into the slide, assuming you are committed to running it like that. It will also be the lowest profile interface to the weapon, which would be optimal for concealment.
    Agree on the milling for the best mounting option however I will caution as I just had this conversation with some of the guys at HK last week, there is concern of functioning issues with the removal of portions of the slide.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 504ranger View Post
    Agree on the milling for the best mounting option however I will caution as I just had this conversation with some of the guys at HK last week, there is concern of functioning issues with the removal of portions of the slide.
    Good point, I suppose the Pistol Mount Kit would probably be ideal then. I wouldn't worry to much about the plastic in the kit, Leupold will take care of you if anything comes up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Montrala View Post
    Mounting Delta Point Gen1 using supplied 2 piece mount (steel dovetail insert plus polymer support plate) easily ends up with Deltapoint broken in 2 pieces. Happened to to me. However I had great success in adapting Deltapoint mount to use with Vortex Razor Red Dot. It worked quite well for me. I even took my P2000SK to 3Gun competition to test it.

What is the size delta point you used for this? I bought the 7A size delta point but the slot that slide into the weapon where there screws go into is to small. Can you please help me so I can get a sight onto my p2000sk?

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

I do not remember number, but it was one that Leupold described as "USP" while it was actually for P2000/P2000SK.

Sponsored Links