Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Double tap, sorry.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RegularGuy461969 View Post
    So with several guys on here stating they have small hands, would you tell me what that means? I've been waiting for Marco Rubio to let me in on it for months.
    In my case, my wife and I share the same hand size… does that paint a better picture? She's only a couple inches away from being legally a 'little person' in stature…. btw.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Possible HK purchase...maybe

As Barth said. Do not fear the Fullsize USP45. That would be my choice over the USPc.

IMO an HK45 is the closest polymer handgun to a 1911.

Nos pro patria

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Speaking of HK45--I finally entered into the 45ACP realm today with the purchase of a full-size HK 45. Found a place nearby that offers IOP pricing so decided the time was right to complement my VP9.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DBLAction454 View Post

IMO an HK45 is the closest polymer handgun to a 1911.

Nos pro patria
    Agreed. The whole reason I found HK in the first place was because I wanted something similar to the 1911, but not as fussy. I ended up with the HK45C.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Heavily leaning hk45c and P2000.

P2k is much cheaper and so is its ammo.

Hk45c goes along with my caliber consolidation and has the larger mag releases.

Both seem very similar size wise for concealment.

Not sure whether to go dasa or lem yet. Why the hell doesn't HK offer everything in light lem? I know the springs are available for the p2k. I even done hk45 conversions myself too. If they do the P30 light, and a lot of folks go to light on other guns, why not offer them that way already?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    Heavily leaning hk45c and P2000.

P2k is much cheaper and so is its ammo.

Hk45c goes along with my caliber consolidation and has the larger mag releases.

Both seem very similar size wise for concealment.

Not sure whether to go dasa or lem yet. Why the hell doesn't HK offer everything in light lem? I know the springs are available for the p2k. I even done hk45 conversions myself too. If they do the P30 light, and a lot of folks go to light on other guns, why not offer them that way already?
    The light LEM between the P30 and P2k are different. The P2k Light LEM for me anyway, is almost 12oz (P2sk) lighter than the P30 Light LEM. This is true for my P2K in 357sig and the P2Ksk in 9mm. Both have lighter pulls than their P30s/L brothers by several ounces.

If it were a couple of ounces, I probably wouldnt notice, but on the P2Ksk, it does a 10 pull average at 5lbs 2oz...scary light for a lot of people.

Edit: For what this is worth...if you are comfortable with LEM, than I would go LEM. The only reason I dont buy LEM is when I buy a USP. USP V1 and if you are feeling sporty, drop the match trigger in it. Otherwise, I dont mess with V1 USP's, they are perfection, minus the rail.

Light LEM in DAO is an amazing set up. Im getting ready to do the reset package(4.1?) on one of my P30's to see if it helps with some of my IDPA scores.
    Last edited by armtx77; 05-06-2016 at 02:09 PM.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So v1 45c with lem kit, or p2k v2 and swap Springs.

The 45c I once had, was in v7. Far cry from light lem. I may go v1 and live with it and eventually go lem kit or suck it up and live with v7 again for a bit.
    Last edited by newyork; 05-06-2016 at 02:24 PM.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by armtx77 View Post
    The light LEM between the P30 and P2k are different. The P2k Light LEM for me anyway, is almost 12oz (P2sk) lighter than the P30 Light LEM. This is true for my P2K in 357sig and the P2Ksk in 9mm. Both have lighter pulls than their P30s/L brothers by several ounces.

If it were a couple of ounces, I probably wouldnt notice, but on the P2Ksk, it does a 10 pull average at 5lbs 2oz...scary light for a lot of people.

Edit: For what this is worth...if you are comfortable with LEM, than I would go LEM. The only reason I dont buy LEM is when I buy a USP. USP V1 and if you are feeling sporty, drop the match trigger in it. Otherwise, I dont mess with V1 USP's, they are perfection, minus the rail.

Light LEM in DAO is an amazing set up. Im getting ready to do the reset package(4.1?) on one of my P30's to see if it helps with some of my IDPA scores.
    Do you feel the same about a45c in v1?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    Do you feel the same about a45c in v1?
    Unfortunately, I dont have more than a few mags behind a LEM 45 and none behind the 45c. Out side of the hybrid LEM, most of the Light LEM runs close to the same. With the P2K/sk having the ability to be the lightest.
    The LEM on the HK45 had a shorter reset than both the P30 and the P2Ksk, but not by much if memory serves me correct, but I didnt have to think about what to do with the trigger, when I was switching between the 3 of them.

For me, mastery of the LEM system will make you a better all around shooter. Put a couple hundred through a LEM and than pick up a striker fired pistol and it is comical how fast and accurate you will punch holes with a striker fired pistol.

I wish I had a better answer for you. The 45c is on my short list though. The new baby at the house has put a damper on my gun buying and shooting to boot.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Sponsored Links