P7M13 Anyone ever seen this variant? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: P7M13 Anyone ever seen this variant?

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I too recall that gun setup. Most definitely a non HK machine shop product.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Priest of the P7
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)

A guy was trying to sell a beat up one like this on GB for a fortune a couple months ago. Maybe it was a M8. He came sniffing around here for info about it because he didn't really know what he was trying to sell -- or he was trying to circumvent the sales rules here, however you wish to view it -- and was less than enthused about how he was received. It was amusing.

Anyway, that's pretty cool. I wouldn't pay any more for it than any other M13 in similar condition. Maybe even less since it's been molested.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

Maximum effort
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

It's certainly worth more than a similar condition P7M13, for the barrel alone.

You could do a nice refinish on it, put a 3-lug tip on for a can, or keep the compensator on and remove the front sight from the slide.

It's a cool gun, just not factory IMO.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clausewitz View Post
    It's certainly worth more than a similar condition P7M13, for the barrel alone.

You could do a nice refinish on it, put a 3-lug tip on for a can, or keep the compensator on and remove the front sight from the slide.

It's a cool gun, just not factory IMO.
    I will be very surprised if that is an HK barell.

My slightly educated guess is that this was a police turn in which was played with by an armorer. Notice that the weight passes the threads, so no suppression how it sits with a weight on it. With no weight on, the barell is too long and not threaded in the way other P barells were. I'd like to see the inside of this barell for sure.
    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Condition0; 05-03-2016 at 04:54 PM.

Maximum effort
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

I agree that the barrel might likely be aftermarket, but I disagree that the compensator serves no purpose. In this picture you can see that the barrel crown sits right in front of the comp cuts, not past them.

Name:  42198d1462225334t-p7m13-anyone-ever-seen-variant-m133.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  3.4 KB
    Last edited by Clausewitz; 05-03-2016 at 05:25 PM.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

None of the P7M13 longslides are factory. Even the ones advertised by HK in the 1980’s were done aftermarket by Bruce Gray. Here are two of mine. The second one was done by Mr. Gray. He welds the compensator and blends it in with the slide. A little more elegant. The first one’s provenance is unknown.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well the auction finished and the final bid was 1,810 Euros!! However, the bidder had no feedback so the second highest bidder with feedback was 1,800 Euros. I was quite surprised.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shootingisfun View Post
    Well the auction finished and the final bid was 1,810 Euros!! However, the bidder had no feedback so the second highest bidder with feedback was 1,800 Euros. I was quite surprised.
    There's a sucker born every minute.....I seriously doubt that "DaveUSN" (DaveUnitedStatesNavy?) is a German....and is quite likely a member here under another name.
    Last edited by Lamont; 05-14-2016 at 05:41 PM.
    "We do bad things to bad people".

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bigdave24 View Post
    None of the P7M13 longslides are factory. Even the ones advertised by HK in the 1980’s were done aftermarket by Bruce Gray. Here are two of mine. The second one was done by Mr. Gray. He welds the compensator and blends it in with the slide. A little more elegant. The first one’s provenance is unknown.

Excellent information!!!

Tony

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links