Giving the VP9 another shot... - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Giving the VP9 another shot...

Supporting Vendor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I carry a VP40 quite often. I haven't had as much as a hiccup with it. I haven't hit a thousand rounds on it yet but it's in my top 3 favorite full size guns right now. I wasn't sure about the charging supports at first, but the more I use them, the more I like them.
    Proud to be a Bitter Clinger.
    Hidden Content

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DBLAction454 View Post
    Uncle Malice,

I too have a VP9 from when they first started coming and another after they had been in for a little over a year and the newer one has a much smoother take up out of the box. No real complaints with my first one but there is definitely a difference.

Glad you're giving it another shot. I have thousands and thousands of rounds through my USP45s and it's always my first choice but the things I've been able to do with the VP9 at warp speeds is something I can't ignore

Nos pro patria
    Thanks man. Yeah, I'm liking it so far. And I agree... the USP 45 is probably my overall favorite gun, period.

If the VP9 even performs at least as well as my P30L in the sand, I'll be happy. I'd like to see it even do better. The PPQ did VERY well in the sand testing. If the VP9 was able to match that performance, I'd be tickled pink.
    HK USP 9 Match LEM Hybrid | HK P2000 V3 | HK P30 V3 | HK VP9 SK
    Moderator of r/USPmasterrace

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks or the update and keep us posted. As far as removing the cocking assist tabs I said the same thing. Then after a while I said "Why doesn't every gun have these?"

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tw1sted9 View Post
    Aside from ur first one which had to be an exception, I'm sure u'll really like it this time around. I got just over 2k rounds thru mine and I could swear that trigger got sweeter the more I shot it.
    This.

I got a VP40, & at first was not terribly impressed with the trigger, but after putting 1500+ rounds through it, the trigger is a joy.
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
    -Will Rogers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My VP40 has been exceptionally good from the start-I must say that the trigger seems significantly lighter than those on my Glocks-lighter, even that my G34 with a minus connector and standard coil trigger spring; while I haven't measured, I'd guess it to be in the 4.5 - 5 lb range (not that that's necessarily a problem).

I did place a drop of Weapon Shield between the outer side triggerbar and the inner body of the receiver wall, as there seems to be some contact rubbing there. To date, I have less than 500 rounds through mine, so we'll see-but the VP40's definitely a keeper. I've had Olen holsters make both OWB and a IWB holsters, for it, along with the one-off IWB that Blade-Tech graciously crafted for me when I initialy go the pistol.

Best, Jon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I too got in on the deal from PSA this weekend. I tried to tell myself I didn't need another full size 9mm right now but the price was too good to miss. I picked mine up at my LGS yesterday and was very pleased with it. As usual, fit an finish were outstanding. I've only dry fired it so far but the trigger pull is the best I've felt on a striker fired pistol. It is far smoother than my USP 45, which would probably smooth some if I shot it more... I can't wait to go shoot it next week. Then I'll probably be looking for a holster and additional magazines.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

good luck with round 2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have a very early LEO model and really like it. To me it is better than any block ever made for sure. The trigger is part of the advantage but I really like the grip a lot better too

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Is your VP9 a 2016 (BG)? I got one this year and noticed they didn't include a spent round in an envelope like they usually do. Everything else is awesome, love shooting it.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    -
    "Gentlemen. You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!"

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yep! Mine is a BG and is also did not come with the spent casing and born-on date envelope. Not sure when or why they stopped doing that.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links