P7K3 22 Threaded Barrel
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: P7K3 22 Threaded Barrel

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default P7K3 22 Threaded Barrel

Can anyone post some pictures of their .22 P7K3 with a threaded barrel, I'm trying to figure out where to send my barrel to get threaded. I've already talked with Mark at TROS and he can do it, but the way he does it there is an adapter. I was wondering if that holds true for others, do you have to have an adapter? Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

There are no factory extended length barrels, so having Mark do his thing on a spare barrel (or the one in the gun) is pretty much your only option. Last time I checked though, Adam is sold out of the spare K3 .22 barrels he had.

You don't want anyone welding an extension on that barrel. The adapter is the way to go with this. And it's an awesome little gun with that can..... ;-)
    Last edited by Lamont; 05-07-2016 at 11:11 PM.
    "We do bad things to bad people".

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Lamont, thanks for the quick reply! I luckily just purchased a spare 22 barrel from Adam right after you posted. Do you currently have or did you have a K3 that you shoot suppressed? How often do you have to clean the 22 barrel?

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

I had Mark at TROS thread my spare k barrel. He did an excellent job, but his estimate of how long it would take wasn't even close. Absolutely forever compared to his estimate.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Suds - how long was the turn around time?

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

I sent a barrel for threading and adapters over three months ago and have not gotten it back.

Its like anything else in this industry, buy it and forget about it until one day when it arrives in the mail. Its almost like Christmas when you were 10.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MushroomPrint View Post
    Lamont, thanks for the quick reply! I luckily just purchased a spare 22 barrel from Adam right after you posted. Do you currently have or did you have a K3 that you shoot suppressed? How often do you have to clean the 22 barrel?
    I do.

I have not put more than a box through it so far so frequency of cleaning has not come up yet, but I imagine it will be an "every 200 rds." kind of thing. My suppressed K3 is not the .22 pistol I'm going to be shooting extensively, I have a Ruger .22/45 factory threaded for that.

Good on you for snagging that barrel.

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Thumbs up

TROS currently has the extra .22lr barrel I picked up from Adam and he said there were three of us in his current batch for threading. It's been a couple of months but that is normal for Mark. For my K3, the adapter will be in the silencerco pattern so that I can use it with my sparrow(s) or spectre II (allows for the o-ring "seating").

Mark has done many adapters for me, more notably the M15x1 to 1/2x28 versions that work with the various .22 conversions on my HK9x rifle hosts. He does fantastic work and it is well worth the wait.

I agree with 4C and the old "buy it and forget it" waiting game concept. I guess I've gotten used to it with my ever-growing stamp collection and always having something in the queue:)

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MushroomPrint View Post
    Suds - how long was the turn around time?
    Quoted 4 to 5 weeks; he took over 6 months from the time he received the barrel.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Talk to Goldie at Tornado Technologies. They did my last 4 P7 barrels. Amazing work

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links