Pros & Cons of VP9 LE - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Pros & Cons of VP9 LE

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Not a big fan of rear red cocked indicator. I dont particularly like how when I ride the reset my finger gets sprung forward. Thats all for the minuses.

Stupidly accurate, perfectly reliable for me thus far(I dont throw mine in mud pits), I like the mepro night sights, and the trigger is sweet.
    HK P30L V3 9mm
    HK P2000 V3 9mm
    HK VP9 LE

Past:
    HK P30S V3 9mm
    HK USP SD 9mm

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." -- Thomas Jefferson

jhb
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    Incorrect on HK-Glock prices!
    Guess it depends on what night sights one would buy and do it themselves and which glock, or pay a smith to do it. I got my vp9 le for right at 600 free shipped no tax. Could have got the vp40 le for high 500s. Buds has a g19 gen 4 with 3mags and night sights for a few bucks more than that for the cash price. More if one uses a credit card. dont see how i am wrong with my experience, but so be it.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jhb View Post
    Dollar for dollar cheaper than a glock for 3 mags and night sights. Plus it's a hk. what else needs to said

I doubt it. What did you pay?

Since you want to compare the VP9 to a Glock in this forum

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Bud's has the VP9 LE for $668 shipped (although prices seem to fluctuate on that site). Is that about average?

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Guess it depends on what night sights one would buy and do it themselves and which glock, or pay a smith to do it. I got my vp9 le for right at 600 free shipped no tax. Could have got the vp40 le for high 500s. Buds has a g19 gen 4 with 3mags and night sights for a few bucks more than that for the cash price. More if one uses a credit card. dont see how i am wrong with my experience, but so be it.
    I don't know how a person gets that price, but a Glock blue label is a Gen3 9mm with three magazines for right at $500 + tax and magazines are only $12-$25 depending on Magpul/Glock brand and how good of a deal you get. Sights vary with what you get. IME the shop you buy either the gun or the sights from will install them at no charge, or cheap. Although I Just install my own so $free

Since you quoted buds: $596 cash price for VP9 with two mags and no night sights. G19 Gen3 is $499, so $100 less expensive. Apples to Apples

Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    Bud's has the VP9 LE for $668 shipped (although prices seem to fluctuate on that site). Is that about average?
    That seems closer to the typical price a person will actually be able to get. The best price on the regular VP9 with no night sights and only 2 magazines recently that I saw was about $550 + any applicable FFL transfer fee.
    Last edited by Warp; 05-25-2016 at 12:54 PM.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You can cherry pick prices all you like. I own and like both but the facts are the HK VP9 pistols cost more than a G26/G19/G17 pistol when equipped the same.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by dms16 View Post
    Con's?...there's LOTS of 'em.

- They shut down in the presence of water (source: MAC video)
    - They are a terrible impact weapon as the mag release breaks when thrown against steel a half dozen times (source: MAC video)
    - Cocking supports obstruct my operational field of view of operations (source: internet)
    - No second-strike capability on striker (source: internet)
    - Hammer-fired is more gooder (source: internet)
    - Won't hold more than 15 rounds without modification; no jetfunnel :(
    - Visually displeasing (rail chin, misaligned slide, and other fugly stuff)
    - $100 more than a Glock
    - Serious lack of aftermarket junk parts to keep me busy ruining the integrity of the gun
    - The TRS and trigger bar spring are bad (source: gunsmiths offering $500 trigger packages for this and rival platforms)
    The new on in FDE has none of these problems !

jhb
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You can cherry pick prices all you like. I own and like both but the facts are the HK VP9 pistols cost more than a G26/G19/G17 pistol when equipped the same.
    not really cherry picking just stating my experience. i own around 115 pistols/handguns all makes and models old and new. in long guns about half that many. i've owned far more than that but have sold and trade din many over the years. this is where i am today. i also own and like both as well.

the fact in my case isn't what you said, but i agree in general what you said is true most of the time. i'm not here to argue nitpicking. i made the mistake of not saying in my post "my experience." in my case i came out ahead very slightly, but still ahead. course i'm a hard shopper, always have been. since i have so many firearms, i can wait for a special deal.

jhb
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    I don't know how a person gets that price, but a Glock blue label is a Gen3 9mm with three magazines for right at $500 + tax and magazines are only $12-$25 depending on Magpul/Glock brand and how good of a deal you get. Sights vary with what you get. IME the shop you buy either the gun or the sights from will install them at no charge, or cheap. Although I Just install my own so $free

Since you quoted buds: $596 cash price for VP9 with two mags and no night sights. G19 Gen3 is $499, so $100 less expensive. Apples to Apples
    neither of those are night sights and 3 mags. we are talking le version.. you are comparing a different type of apples, from my statements.

That seems closer to the typical price a person will actually be able to get.
    depends on where you look and when. you can't actually argue the prices of vp9le don't change by 100 + bucks depending on when you look and where. right now i can find it priced for low 700's to low 600's, without really looking very hard. what someone actually will pay depends on when they look and how hard and how patient they are. i'd argue the same on glocks as well.

The best price on the regular VP9 with no night sights and only 2 magazines recently that I saw was about $550 + any applicable FFL transfer fee.[/QUOTE]

i got mine for 600. right now cdnn has the vp9le with night sights and 3 mags for 639...at least they did last night. buds changes prices very often based on movement and demand. for example they had 2 days ago a like new feg hi power clone for 349.....yesterday it was 362...all cash prices of course.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I think that's because HKs are worth it...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Sponsored Links