Pros & Cons of VP9 LE - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Pros & Cons of VP9 LE

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)

If it is a range gun, I would careless if it had night sights. Go with non-LE and save some $$$. The stock Luminova sights are pretty decent for a range gun.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jhb View Post
    neither of those are night sights and 3 mags. we are talking le version.. you are comparing a different type of apples, from my statements.
    I don't know of anybody off the top of my head that has that exactly setup in stock for both right now. But you quoted Buds, where the VP9 is $100 more than the Glock...and the Glock has less expensive additional magazines and the same, or less expensive, night sights, so it's going to be $100 or greater savings. Apples to apples, same retailer at teh same time.

An HK VP9 costs more than a Glock 19/17/whatever. That's just he way it is. Every now and then somebody might get a screaming good deal on a VP9, a deal most people can't get, but that doesn't change that the HK costs more than the Glock. That's...just the way it is.

Quote Originally Posted by jhb View Post
    right now cdnn has the vp9le with night sights and 3 mags for 639...at least they did last night.
    They do. Which is competitive with a decent retail price on a Glock plus night sights, depending on what night sights you go with. You can order a Glock for right at $500 and a spare mag for $20 which leaves $120 to get your choice of night sights, and you can certainly get some and have them installed for that much or less.

MY experience is that I want to put very specific night sights on a pistol so I don't ever buy them with the factory stuff, making the LE edition or equivalent a bad buy

But to bring us back to the beginning, a VP9 LE is not cheaper than a 9mm Glock with night sights and three mags. And once yous tart adding more magazines...forget about it
    Last edited by Warp; 05-25-2016 at 03:14 PM.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Pros- it doesn't matter what version .

Cons- you had to ask the question .

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Con: If you buy one it may literally force you to spend more money than you wanted to. Example:

Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    I would buy a second. And I would buy smaller size versions like a compact and an SK.
    I lied.

I already bought a second VP9 (and my contention is that the first one forced me to do it)

I would still buy smaller versions.

Last edited by Warp; 05-25-2016 at 03:38 PM.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dms16 View Post
    Con's?...there's LOTS of 'em.

- They shut down in the presence of water (source: MAC video)
    - They are a terrible impact weapon as the mag release breaks when thrown against steel a half dozen times (source: MAC video)
    - Cocking supports obstruct my operational field of view of operations (source: internet)
    - No second-strike capability on striker (source: internet)
    - Hammer-fired is more gooder (source: internet)
    - Won't hold more than 15 rounds without modification; no jetfunnel :(
    - Visually displeasing (rail chin, misaligned slide, and other fugly stuff)
    - $100 more than a Glock
    - Serious lack of aftermarket junk parts to keep me busy ruining the integrity of the gun
    - The TRS and trigger bar spring are bad (source: gunsmiths offering $500 trigger packages for this and rival platforms)
    That is some funny $#!+..LOL
    (my little bag of tricks) (my road dogs) (words can not express a few things nicely dressed),
    {And a Presa Canario that loves his people . He won't stop unless I tell him to).
    Use your imagination.

(The Phantom Brigade)
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Pro: Ergo, Trigger, Sexiness, Flawless (at least my 2)

Con: I've yet to get one in FDE, & HK hasn't released one in Urban Grey, therefore I don't have one in Urban Grey.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    Con: If you buy one it may literally force you to spend more money than you wanted to. Example:

I lied.

I already bought a second VP9 (and my contention is that the first one forced me to do it)

I would still buy smaller versions.

"Look Basil, twins"....I did the same thing. I have two VP9s in case zombies attack and I need to dual wield. Plus, it's nice to be able to rotate them regarding range time, my first VP9 has 7200 rounds, my second is at 2600 and catching up as time allows.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WolfieRules View Post
    "Look Basil, twins"....I did the same thing. I have two VP9s in case zombies attack and I need to dual wield. Plus, it's nice to be able to rotate them regarding range time, my first VP9 has 7200 rounds, my second is at 2600 and catching up as time allows.

Nice. I'm definitely behind there. I got the first one last September and the second one this month. 2,350 rounds and 140 rounds so far

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

For me it would be that it is fast shooting as pro, but the downside for me is it is 9mm... which is borderline for me personally. As summer carry it would be OK, but I would be better in .40 IMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Pros & Cons of VP9 LE

Whittaker Guns had the regular one for 479 and the LE for 549 this morning

I had the non LE version that I sold a few months back. I was feeling sellers remorse a bit and stumbled across this deal. I thought about the LE version but truth be told my previous VP9 and my current P30L and P30SK both have the regular sights and I like them.

I put a non LE version on layaway

Both sold out by this afternoon....there are some real good deals if you look around on the VP9.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    P30SK V1 LEM 9mm
    P30L V1 LEM 9mm
    VP9
    USP9 Compact Stainless V1

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Sponsored Links