Which HK pistol do I want - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Which HK pistol do I want

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lourx View Post
    Yes sir No doubt about it
    USP Tactical 45, perhaps the best pistol out there!
    MR556
    G36K Bostic Conv
    USP 45 Tactical
    USP CT
    SR9T
    HK91
    SW-89

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kost View Post
    Hard choice. Never shot an Elite, hear they have to be experienced to appreciate. Shot the other two on your list, since Im not into cans, my choice is the Expert. Getting an Elite and then a Tactical upper/Recoil spring assembly sounds fun too...just something about the Expert tho!

Get them all! :D
    Where can you get the upper/spring assemblies? I like the idea of having several HK's in one.

I noticed that there's not much love for the HK 45, there a reason for that or is it just too new for people to have much experience with?

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I love my HK45 . Light LEM & night sights . Not one issue ever. I want an OD green one so bad I can't sleep most nights

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So summary there is no way to go wrong with the MK 23, USP 45, or HK 45. That pretty much say it all?

It looks like the MK 23, and USP 45T and above have a match grade trigger, how does the trigger on the HK 45 compare with its predecessors?

I did wonder by a gun store to look at what they have in stock, no tactical variants, the ergonomics on the HK 45 are nice, how does the trigger on the HK 45 compare with the USP 45T/E/M/E?

Never actually seen a MK 23, might have to make the call on capacity vs, ergonomics, ergonomics usually wins.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeLhk View Post
    I love my HK45 . Light LEM & night sights . Not one issue ever. I want an OD green one so bad I can't sleep most nights
    Question does LEM refer to the double-action only hammer, or are there additional differences between this and the standard HK45?

JDS
    Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gtech02 View Post
    What are the differences between the Elite and the Expert?
    0.8 inches

JDS
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Question does LEM refer to the double-action only hammer, or are there additional differences between this and the standard HK45?
    LEM isn't really double action only, it's more like DA/SA with no decocker. With normal operation, it's always in single action mode, but the trigger pull length in single action is super long, as with a striker pistol. You can't decock it, so you'll only be in double action mode if you dry fire it or you pull the trigger on a dud primer.

The triggers are modular, so switching between normal DA/SA vs LEM doesn't change anything else.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JDS View Post
    LEM isn't really double action only, it's more like DA/SA with no decocker. With normal operation, it's always in single action mode, but the trigger pull length in single action is super long, as with a striker pistol. You can't decock it, so you'll only be in double action mode if you dry fire it or you pull the trigger on a dud primer.

The triggers are modular, so switching between normal DA/SA vs LEM doesn't change anything else.
    Ok, I saw one with a hammer with no spur, so you couldn't manually cock it, salesman called it a LEM hammer, guess that's not the same thing.

Thanks. I'm leaning toward a variant of the HK 45, played with a USP 45 and a HK 45 at a gun store, if a lotto ticket hits I'll buy both, till then I have to pick one. Several things I've read say the USP 45 tactical/expert/match/elite have a competition trigger, do any HK 45's have a similar trigger?

I'm looking for a short crisp trigger pull, without a lot of slop in it, been shooting glocks for a while and I want something smoother.

JDS
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Ok, I saw one with a hammer with no spur, so you couldn't manually cock it, salesman called it a LEM hammer, guess that's not the same thing.
    The LEM kit includes a spurless hammer because you're not supposed to ever decock it and therefore you're not supposed to ever cock it with your thumb.

Quote Originally Posted by gtech02
    Several things I've read say the USP 45 tactical/expert/match/elite have a competition trigger, do any HK 45's have a similar trigger?
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by gtech02
    I'm looking for a short crisp trigger pull, without a lot of slop in it, been shooting glocks for a while and I want something smoother.
    Can I interest you in a Kimber? ;)

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by audiction View Post
    mark 23, match, expert , elite, usp tactical, usp compact tactical, 45c tactical (mk24), 45 tactical.
    Yes I agree!!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links