VP9 getting stuck out of battery. Looking for solutions - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: VP9 getting stuck out of battery. Looking for solutions

  1. #11
    Junior Member

    Join Date : Jun 2016
    Posts : 4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Evan_O View Post
    I can induce this malfunction with my VP9, Glocks and 1911. It's an operator issue and can be fixed by modifying your grip. At least that's what I did...
    I know this is going to push a few buttons out there, but I do the same thing with my Glock 19 without issues... And I have never experienced something like this firing other handguns. Yes, I can modify my grip that I use for every handgun (not really a great option), but doesn't this indicate a greater problem? The slide is faced with marginal resistance and it fails to return to battery?

    Is there a more powerful spring I can replace my current one with?

  2. #12
    Unrepentant HKHolic

    Join Date : Jul 2014
    Location : Naples, FL
    Posts : 2,953
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Odo1 View Post
    I know this is going to push a few buttons out there, but I do the same thing with my Glock 19 without issues... And I have never experienced something like this firing other handguns. Yes, I can modify my grip that I use for every handgun (not really a great option), but doesn't this indicate a greater problem? The slide is faced with marginal resistance and it fails to return to battery?

    Is there a more powerful spring I can replace my current one with?
    It's only a problem if it happens to many people, I don't think it does. Taking some pressure off your thumb agains the slight isn't really modifying your grip, more like correcting it in my opinion. But it may be that this gun doesn't work for you, that unfortunately happens, too. Keep us posted when you shoot it again please!

  3. #13
    Desperately Needs Treatment
    ARCTICDETH's Avatar
    Join Date : Mar 2016
    Location : where the mountains meet the rivers and plains
    Posts : 1,340
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by USP/P30 View Post
    I had a problem with my VP9 doing this but I just put more oil on it and took care of the problem.



    This is also my suggestion, use some very good synthetic grease on the rails. Just a drop per metal wedge in the frame.

    And the thumbs as well :)

  4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #14
    Desperately Needs Treatment
    Klaustrophobia's Avatar
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Location : VA
    Posts : 1,074
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

    Default

    I've also noticed that it's very 'loose' with the striker cocked and easy to push out of battery with just a light touch on the barrel or slide, but I've never had a problem with mine returning to battery after a shot. It will however stay back a little bit about half the time when I'm pulling the slide back just far enough to cock during dry firing with snap caps.

    I've also only ever had the slide fail to lock on empty mag once in about 2k rounds, so the difference might be that I don't get my thumbs near it. I'm also a bit OCD about cleaning and oiling. If yours is failing to return while clean/oiled and without significant resistance from your thumbs, I don't think I'd consider that normal. You can always call HK customer service and ask them. Maybe you could send in the spring and they could take a look and send you a new one if need be.

  6. #15
    Desperately Needs Treatment
    ARCTICDETH's Avatar
    Join Date : Mar 2016
    Location : where the mountains meet the rivers and plains
    Posts : 1,340
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

    Default

    Call HK, get an RMA #. Ship to them with every bit of detail what is happening written down for Jesse or Lyman, so they know what to look for
    That's what I would do. Lifetime warranty=use it. Report back......

    You mentioned like me your anal about your cleanliness of your guns. This is good. After every range trip, I turn on the ol stereo, and sit at my desk, and clean them til they look factory fresh. I need to get a smaller mini brush, to get that little spring above the trigger which is visible from the top of the frame. A clean lubed gun, is a reliable gun.

    Good luck

  7. #16
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    ecsuser's Avatar
    Join Date : Oct 2009
    Location : Rochester, MI
    Posts : 2,679
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ARCTICDETH View Post
    You mentioned like me your anal about your cleanliness of your guns. This is good. After every range trip, I turn on the ol stereo, and sit at my desk, and clean them til they look factory fresh. I need to get a smaller mini brush, to get that little spring above the trigger which is visible from the top of the frame. A clean lubed gun, is a reliable gun.

    Good luck
    Stereo?


  8. #17
    Desperately Needs Treatment
    ARCTICDETH's Avatar
    Join Date : Mar 2016
    Location : where the mountains meet the rivers and plains
    Posts : 1,340
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ecsuser View Post
    Stereo?



    Yup! Love me a high quality stereo! Been into audio since I was a wee mite. My first was a red carpeted 8 track w/ am/fm. Which was built into a bench type which was at the foot of my bed and had two small matching carpeted benches which fit underneath it. It was a 70's marvel! Hahahah
    Then turntables, cassettes, CDs etc etc. still thoureghly enjoy my LP's. Had many many set ups to get where I'm at now. And now I feel I have the bees knees of stereos for my budget. I'm happy.

    You? Audio ?

  9. #18
    Desperately Needs Treatment
    ARCTICDETH's Avatar
    Join Date : Mar 2016
    Location : where the mountains meet the rivers and plains
    Posts : 1,340
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

    Default

    Does no one use a nice stereo anymore, or is it all a single speaker with iPod? Personally I need full range to be happy, and have Gary Moore, Schenker, Thin Lizzy, Motörhead , in my room when cleaning my toys.

    There is no substitute for a full range audio system while cleaning HK PERFECTION!

  10. #19
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    ecsuser's Avatar
    Join Date : Oct 2009
    Location : Rochester, MI
    Posts : 2,679
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ARCTICDETH View Post
    ....There is no substitute for a full range audio system while cleaning HK PERFECTION!
    I had to ask my 10 year old what 'stereo' was as he is more well versed on the 'new' gizmos of the day. He had no idea either. Based on how you look in your avatar, it made me think that it must be from a long time ago. No offense.


    Just kidding, you did inspire me to venture into the basement and think about hauling out the Pioneer VSX-9700s and those 2 big Advent Heritage tower speakers. Now if I could only use Ethernet cables. Damn, can I get speaker cable at Home Depot?

  11. #20
    Senior Member
    rc51pete's Avatar
    Join Date : Jan 2016
    Location : Smyrna, TN
    Posts : 141
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ARCTICDETH View Post
    Does no one use a nice stereo anymore, or is it all a single speaker with iPod? Personally I need full range to be happy, and have Gary Moore, Schenker, Thin Lizzy, Motörhead , in my room when cleaning my toys.

    There is no substitute for a full range audio system while cleaning HK PERFECTION!
    I wish there was a "like" button in our forum.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links

 
 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

vp9 striker drop issue

Click on a term to search for related topics.