HKPRO Forums banner

SP5K - HK confirmed delivery date

18K views 86 replies 31 participants last post by  UltraFudd 
G
#1 ·
It's almost July. Have any dealers gotten confirmation of a delivery date yet?

#2 · (Edited)
Mike Otte of Michael's Machines told me he was getting one of the first shipments of 50 guns.
Don't remember the exact dates he gave.
But the guns were to arrive very late June in cardboard boxes.
Had to be opened and repackaged into hard cases with whatever goodies comes with them by HK USA.
Mike actually told me what comes with the gun.
I just don't remember (too excited).:eek:
Two 30 round curved mags. Maybe a sling? And possibly some other stuff???
At any rate, repackaging and prep to re-ship to FFLs would take a few days or maybe a week.
Seems like I was told we would be getting tracking numbers the first or second week of July.:biggrin:

Tick Tock Baby...

#8 ·
Crossing my fingers I'll be able to pickup from my FFL before the 12th, and will be submitting my eform 1 @11:59pm on the 12th if need be. In fact, IIRC from my last eform 1 you can get everything loaded into your application and save it (pending arrival of firearm for actual serial number).

Does anyone know the stock barrel length in the SP5K (no 3-lug adapter), and what the OAL would be with the Choate folding stock?

G
#18 ·
Thanks for the replies.

I see most venders are charging $150 to add a paddle mag release. Anyone sending their SP5K to TSC Machine to add a pad mag release? I haven't call Mike & Tammy yet to see what they charge. Anyone know off hand?

#29 ·
OMG !! What the hell is on the right side mag well ?? Please God NO Warning Info:90:

#31 · (Edited)
I'll probably use 4.53" for barrel length (per HK SPK5 website) and OAL of 23.5" as this seems to be roughly the length of other similar MP5K's with the Choate based on searching HKPro. Once the tax stamp is received and its all put together, if the OAL is significantly different than anticipated, a simple letter to the AFT can update the registration. Anyways, thats my plan.

BTW, for those who are much more experienced than I with the MP5 platform, which is the more "classic" MP5K-PDW stock? The Choate or B&T?

#32 ·
BTW, for those who are much more experienced than I with the MP5 platform, which is the more "classic" MP5K-PDW stock? The Choate or B&T?

I am not personally experienced with the platform but according to someone who is very experienced with it, the Choate is the more classic looking stock but heavier.

#40 ·
Totally agree and I own nONE........If you think about it at this point till we know numbers (Qty) the SP5K is actually rarer than the sp89...........For the die hard collector the sp89 NIB with the verifiable German Workers DNA/Finger Prints still on the gun "might" be worth a few more dollars than the SP5K

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.