Over 20K rounds though my VP9 :-)
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Over 20K rounds though my VP9 :-)

BC2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Over 20K rounds though my VP9 :-)

So, I just passed 20,000 rounds though my VP9 (I'm probably closer to 21K). I know it's not really a big deal in itself but I have not had a single malfunction of any kind in those 20K. I think that's impressive (to me anyway). I'm still on the original recoil spring too so I should probably replace that soon. This is the first firearm I ever purchased and I've had it for about a year and a half. I use it to shoot IDPA, USPSA as well as some 3-Gun with it and average about 1,200 rounds a month. I know it's been repeated so many times about how great this pistol is but I think it's for good reason. Other than a little holster wear, the barrel and all the parts look new still. I do take very good care of it and clean it after every match and practice sessions. Rarely does it go more than 300 rounds before it gets cleaned. The most recent match I shot was this past weekend and I finished 5th overall and came within 85% of the overall winner who is a Grand Master shooting Open. Here's a clip of all 6 stages. This thing is VERY accurate, I hit all the steel with the first shot for the whole match.

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)

Thanks for the report and video!!!

Tony

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Very nice runs BC. Love watching the action...gets my blood going.

The VP's reputation is why I bought mine for competition. I don't practice nearly enough, but I love it. Never an issue.
    Looks like you've got a blacked-out rear and red FO front sights? I put red FO on mine also (VERY tiny Dawson) but won't get to see how well it works for me till a Steel Challenge this weekend.

Thanks for the video...

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Priest of the P7
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)

Woohoo, that looks fun! Some pretty desert, too, where is that?
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Thanks for the video, fun to watch!

BC2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HwyStarJoe View Post
    Very nice runs BC. Love watching the action...gets my blood going.

The VP's reputation is why I bought mine for competition. I don't practice nearly enough, but I love it. Never an issue.
    Looks like you've got a blacked-out rear and red FO front sights? I put red FO on mine also (VERY tiny Dawson) but won't get to see how well it works for me till a Steel Challenge this weekend.

Thanks for the video...
    Yeah, I'm running Dawson sights (blacked out rear and red fiber front). I really like them.

Quote Originally Posted by bastardsonofelvis View Post
    Woohoo, that looks fun! Some pretty desert, too, where is that?
    It's the Reno Nevada area. Lots of BLM land to practice out here too.

Quote Originally Posted by DudeRick View Post
    Thanks for the video, fun to watch!
    NP, thanks!

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Nice video . Have you ever detailed stripped and cleaned the slide or frame in all those rounds ?

BC2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nick101ABN View Post
    Nice video . Have you ever detailed stripped and cleaned the slide or frame in all those rounds ?
    I've never done a full detail strip but I have disassembled a some of the frame components when I did my own trigger work. This was about 6K rounds ago but it wasn't dirty at all. I think, regular cleaning keeps it crap from building up because I recently (within the last 2K rounds) removed the back plate on the slide to clean the striker area (I had never done this prior) and it wasn't very dirty at all. Especially considering it had at least 18K rounds at that time.

Unrepentant HKHolic

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Awesome!! That's impressive shooting!! Uspsa is great, I shoot every week but you've come a long way quick! Keep the videos coming, I'll sub your YouTube. Thanks for sharing. I love seeing hks in uspsa!!

Unrepentant HKHolic

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Can you put a link or pm me one to your YouTube. I can't seem to get to it from the video here. Thx!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links