Heckler & Koch VP9 - Review? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Heckler & Koch VP9 - Review?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

VP9 in a Galco kinktuk IWB works great, I CCW it fairly often. I do prefer my P2000 LEM, USPC .45, or P30sk for EDC but when I need real life accuracy and speed I choose the VP9. Not that the others are not as accurate, (USPc .45 is stupid accurate) but the VP9 just boosted my confidence making longer range shots. When I went black Friday shopping full well knowing there was tons of people I chose the VP9. When I go groundhog hunting I use the VP9 as my backup to my rifle. I have taken a groundhog at a laser verified 42 yards in the head with my VP9 so yes that built up my confidence even more.

Its no more unsafe than a Glock so you have to be aware of holstering the weapon since you cant ride the hammer down. My P2000 LEM converted to Light LEM and using a DA/SA hammer spring has a lighter trigger by far than my VP9. The LEM goes straight through on pull no walls like the heavy LEM used to be. The VP9 is a fine CCW trigger so take this info for what its worth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I carried my VP9 AIWB for a bit, however I found that the grip is just a tad bit too long for me to comfortably carry. It's an awesome firearm though, I just wish it was more compact, like a Glock 19 or Sig P320c.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I love my VP9, but it's a home defense gun. It's too large to carry, in my opinion. Until the VP9sk comes out, I will continue to carry my M&P Shield (summer) and FNS-9c (rest of year).

That said, there is no excuse not to have the VP9. It's an amazing pistol. The ergonomics are out of this world. It shoots like a dream. And it's very well built.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This post needs pics.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I have the VP9 and really like it. I had one shortly after they first came out that I had some problems with and sold off, but it kept calling me back. The 2nd one has been much better for me. I do think that it's just a little bit large for CCW. I usually prefer to carry a full size gun, so it's not a big deal for me, but my favorite HK for CCW use is the P2000. The compact size works better for me than the subcompact size.
    HK USP 9 Match LEM Hybrid | HK P2000 V3 | HK P30 V3 | HK VP9 SK
    Moderator of r/USPmasterrace

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spoon View Post
    This post needs pics.
    Here is one:Heckler & Koch VP9 - Review?-img_1248.jpg

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

The VP9 is my favorite 9mm HK. Hands down. I'm also heavily invested in the P30 series, which I do like, and shoot more than most would think. I've got about 5,000 rounds collectively through the P30 platform. However, the VP9 I have has almost 3,000 rounds through it in about half the time. It's something that's very confidence inspiring, and easy to get a consistent grip on. I plan on purchasing at least 3 more down the line (2 FDE LE's, and 1 more Black LE).

So the long and short of it is, the VP9 is a do it all handgun. CCW, Range gun, Competition gun, and home defense.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

If it's an HK I probably want one.

I BACK THE BLUE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I have both but I prefer to carry the P30 because of the longer hammer fired DA pull. If I ever need to draw I want that heavier pull just to be sure. I have no problem concealing either. I use White Hat IWB Max Tuck horsehide holsters.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by navyman8903 View Post
    The VP9 is my favorite 9mm HK. Hands down. I'm also heavily invested in the P30 series, which I do like, and shoot more than most would think. I've got about 5,000 rounds collectively through the P30 platform. However, the VP9 I have has almost 3,000 rounds through it in about half the time. It's something that's very confidence inspiring, and easy to get a consistent grip on. I plan on purchasing at least 3 more down the line (2 FDE LE's, and 1 more Black LE).

So the long and short of it is, the VP9 is a do it all handgun. CCW, Range gun, Competition gun, and home defense.

I don't think you're going to find a better endorsement than this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sombra View Post
    I love my VP9, but it's a home defense gun. It's too large to carry, in my opinion. Until the VP9sk comes out, I will continue to carry my M&P Shield (summer) and FNS-9c (rest of year).

That said, there is no excuse not to have the VP9. It's an amazing pistol. The ergonomics are out of this world. It shoots like a dream. And it's very well built.
    Same for me this past winter ccw FNS9c and now in the summer I'm on the Shield but I don't have much problem edc'ing a full size so I'm still trying to figure out what holster to buy for my VP9. I have a Stealth Gear mini on the way for my Shield and if I like it as much as I think I will I will probably buy one for my vp9.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links