VP9 & brass catcher
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: VP9 & brass catcher

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default VP9 & brass catcher

Put around 350 rounds thru it today.

The range :) That dueling tree is a blast.

and how I collect the brass. haha!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Good thing it was not a late gen3 or gen4 Glock 9mm or you would need about 6 of those Kubota's placed all around you along with something you can put over your face to catch the brass. I've been spending all month trying to get my G19 to not hit me in the face.

It was great today I took my VP9 shooting a few hundred rounds and like always the brass went in the same general spot, more important no brass peppered my arms or forehead so it was an awesome time actually being able to concentrate on actually technique/accuracy instead of the gun testing my patience.

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jhc37013 View Post
    Good thing it was not a late gen3 or gen4 Glock 9mm or you would need about 6 of those Kubota's placed all around you along with something you can put over your face to catch the brass. I've been spending all month trying to get my G19 to not hit me in the face....
    LOL! I agree! Sometimes when I'm shooting indoors, and the shooter next to me is shooting a Glock, I get rained on even over the partition! Mine have been pretty good.
    HK VP40 (+.357 Sig barrel)
    HK VP9
    SA TRP Operator
    CZ 75 SP-01 Tactical 9MM
    Sig Sauer P320F RX
    Sig Sauer P320C .40 S&W/.357 SIG
    Sig Sauer P226 Legion 9MM
    Glock 21 & 30 (Gen 4)
    Glock 19 (Gen 4)
    S&W 686 Plus .357 MAG 4"

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Good thing it was not a late gen3 or gen4 Glock 9mm or you would need about 6 of those Kubota's placed all around you along with something you can put over your face to catch the brass. I've been spending all month trying to get my G19 to not hit me in the face.

It was great today I took my VP9 shooting a few hundred rounds and like always the brass went in the same general spot, more important no brass peppered my arms or forehead so it was an awesome time actually being able to concentrate on actually technique/accuracy instead of the gun testing my patience.

I've appreciated the VP9's ability to consistently put brass in a nice group since picking up my first VP. My Glock 17's do pretty good too but this just really has become my favorite.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chris.H View Post

Put around 350 rounds thru it today.

The range :) That dueling tree is a blast.

and how I collect the brass. haha!

I really like that rig, but here's my preferred brass catcher...

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

My VP9 constantly hits me in the face with brass by bouncing it off the lane dividers. Also very common to get hot brass landing on my shoulder/arm, and even got one inside the over-prescription glasses safety glasses I was wearing. Left JUUUUST enough room in the corner to let a 9mm case in. Didn't do any damage but scared the piss out of me.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default VP9 & brass catcher

Quote Originally Posted by Klaustrophobia View Post
    My VP9 constantly hits me in the face with brass by bouncing it off the lane dividers. Also very common to get hot brass landing on my shoulder/arm, and even got one inside the over-prescription glasses safety glasses I was wearing. Left JUUUUST enough room in the corner to let a 9mm case in. Didn't do any damage but scared the piss out of me.
    This is why I always wear a hat, all my guns eject predictably, but depending on the width of the range dividers they may bounce into my face. The baseball hat keeps them out of my eyes, which has happened with just safety glasses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    USP 9F Tactical Clone
    S&W 4006
    Browning Hi-Power 9mm 75th Anniversary Edition
    VP9
    USPc 9mm
    Savage Axxis .308/Remington 700 ADL 7mm Magnum

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Klaustrophobia View Post
    Hat is a must indoors. Had a case bounce against the ceiling and land inside the lens of my shooting glasses. Closed my eye in time and the hot case stuck against my eyelid and the lens of my glasses. There it stuck sizzling my eyelid.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Never thought about that, as I have really never worn hats my entire life. I don't think I even own one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Big laughs! That's too funny. And it's sad because it's true. We had quals last week and I shot a G19 for the first time this year. Took all of one mag to remind me how much I hate the way a Grock ejects casings. And that's coming from a guy who owned over six Glocks and carried one for over half my career....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links