Why is the p2000 so much less expensive than the USP compact - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Why is the p2000 so much less expensive than the USP compact

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse32 View Post
    I agree it's not worth debating as far as size but facts are facts and they do count for something. BTW, my great uncle was a merchant marine during WWII. A lot of respect there...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I was planning on selling my P2000 40/357. After reading this thread and reconsidering, I just can't do it. What a great pistol. Going to sell a couple SIG's instead.

Thanks for the comment about the Merchant Marine. We don't get that very often.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Since 2011 I have owned a P2000 in 40. It is a great pistol and I even have an H&K357 barrel that functions admirably in my P2000. Nonetheless this week I augmented my H&P collection with a USP compact 9mm.
    "Supply and demand", there is just a strong demand for the USP H&K variant; it is a classic conservative desire to have a tried and true handgun as opposed to "the new fangled gun".

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse32 View Post
    Brother, I've owned both and had extensive time with both. While you're correct that the P2000 is, in fact, a tad bit thinner but the USP is shorter on the slide and height. For concealability, that's the ball game. And you should now your specs before you post wrong info.

first I'm not your brother, I don't have to look at the specs, I have both weapons now, side by side.
    Last edited by ca survivor; 07-29-2016 at 04:54 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Premium Professional
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ok, sir, by "brother" I meant no disrespect. If you think the P2000 is smaller than good on you. You'd be contradicting HK's own factory specs. And there is no need to be rude either. If you took offense to my correction then please understand where I'm coming from. Someone could read your comments and think a certain pistol is "better" because it's smaller or whatever. It's ok to be wrong with a post, shite, we've all been there! Sláinte!

HK Certified Armorer (handguns)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by M Pack View Post
    My guess is desirability. The USP is legendary, the P30 and even more so, the VP9, are the new kids on the block. Where does that leave the P2000? The middle child that is neither new enough or classic enough to draw in the crowds.

That said, I've heard nothing but great things about it and I can't imagine you'd be disappointed with it, especially if you want a first class gun at a discount. May be the best deal going right now.
    this ^^^

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Because of that God-awful rattling slide release lever! It just has to be. :P
    - CPshooter

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I have owned 10 or 11 HKs... Including a USPc 9mm, and two P2000s over many, many years. But, I can say that the P2000 is my favorite HK out of all of them...

While the USPc 9 and P2000 9mm are close to being the same, there are some differences. I personally shoot the P2000 better than the USPc9. I always pulled the USPc9 downwards as I pulled the trigger, and it took a lot of practice to stop doing that. I had a USPc 45 once, and I did not have any issues with the 45 version. But, the P2000 shoots effortlessly for me, and I can also shoot it accurately at longer ranges than I can a USPc 9.

I also too think that the two guns are practically the same size as well...

I have a P2000sk in 9mm as well, but the P2000 D/A 9mm has been my main carry gun for 5 years now. I really love that gun!

It is curous that the price drop has effected all but the USP line... Which has been made for so long that they should have recouped enough off the guns to lower the price by now. And, they would likely sell more of them if they did.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

The P2000 is my all-time favorite HK pistol.

Had I bought a P2000 first, I’d never have bought my P30’s and would have also sold my USPc9’s sooner.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by seery View Post
    The P2000 is my all-time favorite HK pistol.

Had I bought a P2000 first, I’d never have bought my P30’s and would have also sold my USPc9’s sooner.
    Funny, the first time I held a P30 I knew I had to ditch my P2000.

For all practical purposes the USPc and the P2000 are identical in size and will feel identical on the hip. I switched to the P2k over the USPc because the P2k was less bulky in the slide and the rear decocker was unique.
    The P2k's mag catch dug into the knuckle of my middle finger badly during use and I had to reposition the pistol about every third shot. USPc never had those issues for me. So far im getting along with the P30 just fine, well enough to not go back to the USPc, though I'd still love to have another in the safe. For me the P2k simply has no use, the other models fill their roles perfectly.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I don't "run" my guns or "run" anything on them. Likewise, none of my guns are "platforms". I hold them up, not the other way around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I love my failure. Never had a problem with it. Hd sights, extended mag release, garett silent thunder iwb holster. No compromise here!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Why is the p2000 so much less expensive than the USP compact-e1b97721-4e85-4d07-acc2-6c5e748a9b8f_1575748798015.jpeg  
    My speech is protected by the first amendment. Your feelings are not.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links