What's this inside my barrel? Might be a noob question. - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What's this inside my barrel? Might be a noob question.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Activestatic79 View Post
    It's the frog lube. Throw it away ASAP. It gunks up everything. It leaves behind a residue and it solidifies. It's basically causing you to have barrel boogers.
    stick with what then? ballistol?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Fire clean. CLP. Hoppe's. Rem oil etc.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Slip2000 EWL.
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Banned

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Any of the above.. Hell, Crisco or Mobile 1!! ;-)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I doubt that was from the ammo. Ammo usually leaves carbon deposits. I would try cleaning bore conventional way with rod, bore solvent, bronze bore brush, and cotton patches. Hoppes NO 9 solvent (NOT the newer synthetic stuff) works pretty well and is widely available. Usually I run patch through wet with solvent from chamber end, then run bronze brush wet with solvent through bore and back a dozen times going all the way out the end of the bore and then pulling back through, then a couple more wet patches, and then a couple dry patches. Repeat whole process if needed. For really dirty bore you can leave Hoppes NO 9 in bore for a couple hours if need be when applied with wet patch to let it work. When done and bore is dry run a patch lightly dampened with CLP/lube through bore for protectant.
    Last edited by grumpy1; 08-06-2016 at 02:24 AM.
    "The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
    ― Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Do you leave a lot of oil in your barrel? Could be dirty ammo mixing with the oil to make gunk.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Id have to agree to not usr frog lube, especially in the barell. . The quickest easiest way to strip the gunk off is chlorine free brake cleaner. Then soak the end in Hoppes while you have lunch. After that, uze your brass brushes making sure to run it through.. Then post another pic, good luck.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy1 View Post
    I doubt that was from the ammo. Ammo usually leaves carbon deposits. I would try cleaning bore conventional way with rod, bore solvent, bronze bore brush, and cotton patches. Hoppes NO 9 solvent (NOT the newer synthetic stuff) works pretty well and is widely available. Usually I run patch through wet with solvent from chamber end, then run bronze brush wet with solvent through bore and back a dozen times going all the way out the end of the bore and then pulling back through, then a couple more wet patches, and then a couple dry patches. Repeat whole process if needed. For really dirty bore you can leave Hoppes NO 9 in bore for a couple hours if need be when applied with wet patch to let it work. When done and bore is dry run a patch lightly dampened with CLP/lube through bore for protectant.
    Here's my stupid question for the day. With a bore brush can you go both ways with it or only one direction?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by a_minimalist View Post
    Here's my stupid question for the day. With a bore brush can you go both ways with it or only one direction?
    Run the brush all the way through, so the entire brush clears the barell , then pull back it back to the starting point.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Law View Post
    Do you leave a lot of oil in your barrel? Could be dirty ammo mixing with the oil to make gunk.
    No this was the first time I ever used frog lube inside the barrel. I thought it was because there was a reaction between the Otis bore cleaner and the frog lube

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links