What's this inside my barrel? Might be a noob question. - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: What's this inside my barrel? Might be a noob question.

HKPRO Professional

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Agree with the others about not using Frog Lube. I highly recommend Weapon Shield. Bill
    Weapon Shield for total gun care.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Activestatic79 View Post
    It's the frog lube. Throw it away ASAP. It gunks up everything. It leaves behind a residue and it solidifies. It's basically causing you to have barrel boogers.
    Yup, that frog lube stuff is baaaaaaaaaaad....dump it soon

I've only used MPro7 in my guns, and have to say, they all look brand new, even one of my VP9s that has 8000+ rounds through it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ya, froglube gunks up...

Slip2000EWL is good stuff.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

I use Weapon Shield since it came out, always performs well!

As a precaution I always wrap my aluminum cleaning rods with Black Electrical Tape to avoid any damage to the bore. Bout ready to try Nylon rods if I can find them.
    The Spirit of God hath made me, the breath of the Almighty hath given me life

Hidden Content Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Try Dewy fiberglass rods
    You cannot make peace with those who demand not only your economic submission, but your intellectual and spiritual surrender as well.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Looks like burned on (not in) oil residue. Go out to the garage (so the wife does not complain) and soak that barrel overnight in Hoppes or CLP Break Free (what I use). Brass brush the hell out of it back and forth about 100 times and it will loosen up. Follow up with Hoppes or CLP on a clean cotton patch until it shines. Don't forget to clean the Barrel tongue too.

Everyone is right about Frog Lube. I used it once...never again (took hours to de-gunk the receiver)...live and learn. Rem oil is my favorite. Lightly oil the outside of the barrel and barrel block during regular cleaning. NEVER oil the inside of the barrel unless you are putting up the firearm in storage for more than month. If you do, just lightly oil a patch, run it through 2-3 times and leave the end of the patch sticking out one side of the barrel. That way you will remember to RE-CLEAN the barrel with Hoppes or CLP before going to the range.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kost View Post
    I use Weapon Shield since it came out, always performs well!

As a precaution I always wrap my aluminum cleaning rods with Black Electrical Tape to avoid any damage to the bore. Bout ready to try Nylon rods if I can find them.

+1 on Weapon Shield. It's the only thing that's ever touched my P30 and P30SK.

Guess the electrical tape thing works, but I just pick up a long plastic soda straw from my favorite fast food joint, cut it to length, and slip it over the rod. Easier to change than having to unwind all that tape.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jbrownch View Post
    +1 on Weapon Shield. It's the only thing that's ever touched my P30 and P30SK.

Guess the electrical tape thing works, but I just pick up a long plastic soda straw from my favorite fast food joint, cut it to length, and slip it over the rod. Easier to change than having to unwind all that tape.
    Great idea, less $$$ than carbon fiber rod, too bad I bought the carbon fibers ones a while back, though I have to admit worth the money to me.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bigtarget View Post
    Looks like burned on (not in) oil residue. Go out to the garage (so the wife does not complain) and soak that barrel overnight in Hoppes or CLP Break Free (what I use). Brass brush the hell out of it back and forth about 100 times and it will loosen up. Follow up with Hoppes or CLP on a clean cotton patch until it shines. Don't forget to clean the Barrel tongue too.

Everyone is right about Frog Lube. I used it once...never again (took hours to de-gunk the receiver)...live and learn. Rem oil is my favorite. Lightly oil the outside of the barrel and barrel block during regular cleaning. NEVER oil the inside of the barrel unless you are putting up the firearm in storage for more than month. If you do, just lightly oil a patch, run it through 2-3 times and leave the end of the patch sticking out one side of the barrel. That way you will remember to RE-CLEAN the barrel with Hoppes or CLP before going to the range.
    I got most of the big spots off with a good bore brush scrubbing.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links