Phenix City, AL- First U.S. LEO to adopt VP? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: Phenix City, AL- First U.S. LEO to adopt VP?

  1. #11
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    estesmonkey's Avatar
    Join Date : Feb 2013
    Location : North of one border South of another East and West of the others
    Posts : 2,924
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by savage View Post
    Wonder why they didn't go for the vp9? With improvements with 9mm ammunition along with higher capacity and reduced recoil. I imagine ammo is less expensive with 9mm.
    They probably feel like many that the 40 remains superior. Most fear the 40 because of arms not engineered for it. HK however engineers for the 40 in mind first and then steps downward to 9. Therefore the HK 40s to me feel far softer like pussycats with a powerful punch on the other end and a larger hole with better chances of nicking a vital.
    Also as said above, they have may have the ammo and who knows, perhaps other 40s in their armory. They might also have a large bodied force as it tends to be the smaller personnel needing the 9s which is why the FBI changed over to have one round for all size agents.

    VP40, one fine sidearm!
    Priced like a block but thankfully not one.

  2. #12
    HKPRO Professional
    LCSO264's Avatar
    Join Date : Feb 2005
    Location : Northwest
    Age : 44
    Posts : 3,803
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leibstandarte10 View Post
    Phenix City, Alabama. Not Phoenix, Arizona. ;)

    Even so, good news for HK. I don't know of any other LEO agencies that have adopted the VP9.
    To bad it wasn't Phoenix Az, that is a huge department. I have to assume Phenix City, Al. is a smaller sized PD?
    Last edited by LCSO264; 08-09-2016 at 02:18 PM.
    HK91
    HK94
    USC/UMP
    SL8/G36
    P7M8
    P9s .45acp
    VP70Z
    USP Tactical .45acp
    V51/HK51 clone
    HK45
    HK45c
    HK 416 10.5" upper
    GSG5PK
    P30Ls
    HK45T (OD Green)
    VP9
    CR556A1
    P30SKs
    SP5K

  3. #13
    Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    MasterBlaster's Avatar
    Join Date : Feb 2014
    Posts : 612
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leibstandarte10 View Post
    Phenix City, Alabama. Not Phoenix, Arizona. ;)

    Even so, good news for HK. I don't know of any other LEO agencies that have adopted the VP9.
    Phenix City is a sister city to Columbus for what it is worth. Maybe the proximity to HK had some influence.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #14
    Very Senior Member

    Join Date : Jan 2013
    Location : Suwanee, GA
    Posts : 319
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterBlaster View Post
    Phenix City is a sister city to Columbus for what it is worth. Maybe the proximity to HK had some influence.
    It's an ideal test market due to its proximity for both the department and manufacturer. Hundreds of weapons in daily field use a short drive away.

  6. #15
    Requiescat in Pace
    G3Kurz's Avatar
    Join Date : Feb 2005
    Location : Where the rivers meet
    Age : 60
    Posts : 3,807
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterBlaster View Post
    Phenix City is a sister city to Columbus for what it is worth. Maybe the proximity to HK had some influence.
    It usually does. I am sure HK offered them a sweet deal.
    Ironically the Loudoun County Sheriffs office (where HK is based in northern VA) just traded in their P30's for SIG's so win one, lose one.
    Nothing is made in Columbus (yet) just distributed from there but that is soon to change (if the train stays on the tracks).
    There once was $20M set aside to build a factory in Columbus on a piece of land donated by the town, big ground breaking conducted, a spade or two of dirt turned over then all stop. The owners pocketed the money instead. Had that been built as planned in the early 2000's things would be quite different indeed.
    G3Kurz

  7. #16
    Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    MasterBlaster's Avatar
    Join Date : Feb 2014
    Posts : 612
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by G3Kurz View Post
    It usually does. I am sure HK offered them a sweet deal.
    Ironically the Loudoun County Sheriffs office (where HK is based in northern VA) just traded in their P30's for SIG's so win one, lose one.
    Nothing is made in Columbus (yet) just distributed from there but that is soon to change (if the train stays on the tracks).
    There once was $20M set aside to build a factory in Columbus on a piece of land donated by the town, big ground breaking conducted, a spade or two of dirt turned over then all stop. The owners pocketed the money instead. Had that been built as planned in the early 2000's things would be quite different indeed.
    G3Kurz
    I've heard about that project. If only things were different...we could have been swimming in true 416 uppers and other goodies.

  8. #17
    AGG
    AGG is offline
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    AGG's Avatar
    Join Date : Feb 2007
    Location : Alabama
    Posts : 32,816
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)

    Default

    Alabama first!!!

    Tony

  9. #18
    I Bleed Urban Gray
    omega21's Avatar
    Join Date : Feb 2011
    Posts : 2,074
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by G3Kurz View Post
    The owners pocketed the money instead.
    G3Kurz
    "pocketed"? I think that's a bit unfair Mr. Schatz. I would offer the perspective that the owners chose to avoid a potentially volatile investment in production capacity. Instead, they opted to split that capital investment between some durable goods in the marine transport sector and some real estate holdings. Seems like a perfectly reasonable strategic corporate decision.
    ________________________
    Omega21

    Keep your booger hook off the bang switch till you're ready to bring the hate

  10. #19
    Really liking this HK Stuff Member

    Join Date : Feb 2011
    Location : Solon Ohio Suburb of Cleveland
    Posts : 482
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by savage View Post
    Wonder why they didn't go for the vp9? With improvements with 9mm ammunition along with higher capacity and reduced recoil. I imagine ammo is less expensive with 9mm.
    The VP 40 shoots like a 9mm firearm.Much has to do with the slide I believe. I think its one of the best 40's out their

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links

 
 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •