HKPRO Forums banner

SP89 vs SP5K

26K views 36 replies 18 participants last post by  caf82313 
#1 ·
Just a quick & basic question:

What is the actual differences in the SP89 and the SP5K ?

....is the receiver portion specs exactly the same?

Thanks.

#7 ·
The SP89 uses the older metal lower trigger housing with separate plastic grip. The SP5K uses the latest generation all plastic lower trigger housing that has pictogram markings and more importantly ambi trigger pack and ambi selector. Those things alone add a lot of value to the SP5K as they are not cheap items.

As previously mentioned.

SP5K has a top shaved semi-auto bolt carrier with a nub on the inside of the receiver that blocks a non-shaved (i.e. FA) bolt carrier from being used. This can easily be defeated or the semi-auto bolt can be modified to support FA.

SP5K has a different shape semi-auto shelf on the magwel that uses a slightly different clipped lower trigger housing. Easy fix, or HKparts is coming out with SP5K specific trigger housings for the SP5K.

#15 ·
I think I posted this picture in another thread, but you can see that the receivers are pretty much identical - The only difference (besides the shelf) that I see, is a protrusion on the SP5K receiver near the lower left corner of the rear receiver tab. I'm actually kind of curious as to why that's there...anyone know?

#26 ·
Sounds like a new carrier is in order. Or taking the Dremel to the existing one. I was think about cutting that restrictor pin out of the top so that my carrier would fit but I'm sure that would void the "lifetime warranty", so there's that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.