Im getting out of 1911s... Which H&K .45 ACP do you recommend? - Page 10
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: Im getting out of 1911s... Which H&K .45 ACP do you recommend?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lifesizepotato View Post
    USP Tactical 45 for the full-size. It sounds like a stretch, but somehow it always strikes me as being the 45 John Browning would have designed in the 90s, almost like a spiritual successor to the 1911.

For compacts, both the HK45c and USPc are good in my opinion.
    My thoughts exactly. I can not help but to draw similarities between the feel of my HK USP Tactical to my Nighthawk Custom. My right thumb sits on top of the safety just perfect. The sights are very similar. It is the overall feel of the gun really. The HK 45 may have a more 1911 style grip feel, but I would say overall the Tactical is the better gun. It does not matter which one you start with, you are gonna want them all. Mark 23 is in your future, for sure.

JDS
    Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Moueix View Post
    I see I am late to the party.

You already have a P7! That is awesome. I'll throw in my 2 cents, as I also have XL hands (XXL depending on the gloves).

The USP .40 was my first HK 20+ years ago. I REALLY wanted a P7, but the USP was the same price NEW, as a used P7. I don't regret the USP at all, it is BY far the most natural feeling handgun I have for my big hands. I wish I had gone for the .45 USP though, as the muzzle flip on the .40 is pronounced, and I understand the .45 is much more stable, but adds some kick directly backwards into your hand, which I could live with.

You list 3 uses for a new HK handgun. Target, nightstand and carry. lol. Pick any 2. :) The USP .45 would make a TERRIFIC nightstand and range gun. My .40 sports a Viridian X5L green laser with light and THAT is a nightstands dream setup. Great shooter for my backyard range too. Almost as accurate as the P7 to me.

But if you are going to carry, I wouldn't recommend a full frame USP. It is just TOO big, even in the winter.

The setup I have fallen in love with is the P7M8 for summer carry. The single stack mag and uber grippy Nils grips are stealthy and draw FAST. For the winter, I switch to a VP9 to carry. The sights are darn near identical, and the weight is too. Both are striker fired so no hammer to concern yourself with on draw. Common 9mm ammo for both keeps your inventory easy. And the VP9 carries the tiny Crimson Trace green laser perfectly (after a little modification to it) where my index finger lands PERFECTLY on the lasers paddle switch, on draw. When I take it off at night, I put it on the nightstand and the USP stays in the safe until summer when the USP and VP9 trade places on the night stand.

I don't want to talk you out of a USP. It is a GREAT gun. But with a P7M8 and a VP9, it has become somewhat redundant for anything but range practice, and as a heavier hitting nightstand guardian.
    I carry a USP45 Elite. Concealed. In the summer. In Miami. Your argument is invalid.

;)

cha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JDS View Post
    I carry a USP45 Elite. Concealed. In the summer. In Miami....
    Would you give us some details? That would be interesting.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gopherboy128 View Post
    But I wouldnt reccomend HK45T over a USP45T.
    There seems to be a few people who feel this way. Could someone elaborate on the problem with the HK45T?
    USP Match .45 ss
    USP Tactical .45
    USP .45f ss (over 30k rnds)
    P7M8

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DeepSix View Post
    There seems to be a few people who feel this way. Could someone elaborate on the problem with the HK45T?
    Yes sir- it's not a USP.
    HK USP45
    HK USP9
    HK Stainless USP45c
    Colt Stainless S70 1911 Government
    Colt 6920 Trooper
    PTR91 GI

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I converted first to hk45. Found I was slower on the draw, the first shot and the splits from all of my 1911s even the carry with the crappy trigger. I was faster in reloads but not much.

I moved to the USP 45. Converted it over several projects to a tac with sight, trigger, barrel, firing pin upgrades. I just wanted to screw around with one rather than buying new. It's the 1911 tinkerer in me.

I love it. I draw a little slower but follow up shots are quicker, as are reloads. I'm more accurate.

It's been 100% reliable with all primers but cci. I have a match trigger spring so I upgraded the firing pin to titanium.

The grip is the same angle. On the hk45 I would punch my skin on my hand during fast reloads. Not the case wth the usp.

I have since bought a 40 usp for carry and a p30 in 40 to compete with the usp for edc.

I have had the p30 for 3 months now and haven't shot it yet. The usp (used) has the same feel as the 45 tac.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndAmendmentMason View Post
    Yes sir- it's not a USP.
    This, exactly.
    [Insert Witty Comment Here]

JDS
    Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cha View Post
    Would you give us some details? That would be interesting.
    It turns out to be pretty easy if you have the right equipment and pay attention to the local fashions.

The right gunleather is what makes it comfortable and practical. All of the gear I use for my Elite is from Sam Andrews at Andrews Custom Leather: An extremely sturdy 1-1/4" belt, Hybrid Saddle holster, and pancake single mag pouch with body shield. The holster is very important here because it has just enough cant, rides a little high because the Elite is so long I can't sit down with a low-riding holster, and then the front is partially cut away for easy, fast draws even with the long barrel and high position.

With the right equipment to keep the Elite secure, comfortable, and easy to draw, the right clothes conceal it. The Cuban community knows this climate well, so adopting some of their dress allows me to blend in while staying comfortable and hiding pretty much anything. A pair of thin, lightweight slacks, a lightweight cotton t-shirt, and a short sleeve, buttoned shirt cut loose for wearing untucked makes the Elite disappear. Their "guayabera" shirts work great for this.

cha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JDS View Post
    It turns out to be pretty easy if you have the right equipment and pay attention to the local fashions.

The right gunleather is what makes it comfortable and practical. All of the gear I use for my Elite is from Sam Andrews at Andrews Custom Leather: An extremely sturdy 1-1/4" belt, Hybrid Saddle holster, and pancake single mag pouch with body shield. The holster is very important here because it has just enough cant, rides a little high because the Elite is so long I can't sit down with a low-riding holster, and then the front is partially cut away for easy, fast draws even with the long barrel and high position.

With the right equipment to keep the Elite secure, comfortable, and easy to draw, the right clothes conceal it. The Cuban community knows this climate well, so adopting some of their dress allows me to blend in while staying comfortable and hiding pretty much anything. A pair of thin, lightweight slacks, a lightweight cotton t-shirt, and a short sleeve, buttoned shirt cut loose for wearing untucked makes the Elite disappear. Their "guayabera" shirts work great for this.
    Thanks. Good ideas and that's some nice leather gear (though I first opened up the exotic leather page and was afraid I'd have to sell a gun to get a holster).

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Sponsored Links