MK 23 help! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: MK 23 help!

Banned

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

How are you holding with your off hand? Because there should be enough real estate on the side to get a good grip but the weight must be a factor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by explosive_art View Post
    How are you holding with your off hand? Because there should be enough real estate on the side to get a good grip but the weight must be a factor.
    Grip is fine. Have a lot of small arms training and experience. Part of the reason I've been baffled. Out of all my firearms, the one that should shoot well, isn't. Defs me and not the pistol. I've been shooting with the centre of mass visible over the front sight. Being told the sight should cover the target may help.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

I took mine out for its maiden voyage the other day. My 25 yard group was also terrible, but 7 through 15 yards were all the same size with clearly me as the limiting factor. Slightly wider than my VP9 groups, with a few more flyers from not being used to the 45 and kinda crappy grip. I believe the terrible 25 yard group was a result of not being able to really see the target. Poorly lit indoor range.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MilfandCookies View Post
    Been out of town for work so haven't been able to get to this yet. Really want too lol. Been itching to get to the range. Good news though! Just picked up a Surefire 400U G and trijicon HD sights for my HK45.

Also I'm the cookies. My wife is the milf. Figured this would be a joint account as she's an HK buff as well.
    Roger that--- you know the saying--- pics, or it did not happen!!!

Tony

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AGG View Post
    Welcome to the site--- practice is the best of all instructors!!!

Tony
    Yes it is! Try to master the 3 basics of shooting

1-Sights
    2-Trigger
    3-Grip

4-Practice practice practice...then repeat. :D
    The Spirit of God hath made me, the breath of the Almighty hath given me life

Hidden Content Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

*Update*

Went to the range today with my HK45, MK23 and USP Expert 9. Shot some fairly good groups. I found out my MK23 holds to the left and my range is in metres, not yards. Covering the target with the front post helped.

Targets are 12"x18"

Groupings with the MK23 are at 15 and 25 meters:

MK 23 help!-img_0004.jpg

MK 23 help!-img_0002.jpg

HK45 from 15 meters:

MK 23 help!-img_0005.jpg

USP Expert tack driving from 25 meters:

MK 23 help!-img_0003.jpg

I really like the trijicon HD's on my HK45. Quick on target but not so good for distance shooting. The surefire X400U with green laser is awesome. Super cool and sexy. The laser is really bright though. We were doing some close quarters room clearing and the laser acted like a flashlight all on its own. The light is stupid bright and will destroy your night vision. Was very easy to zero the laser. I need to find a holster for it now.

MK 23 help!-img_0001.jpg
    MK 23 help!-img_0007.jpg
    MK 23 help!-img_0008.jpg
    Last edited by MilfandCookies; 09-28-2016 at 05:51 AM.

Banned

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wow, I didn't know the Mark 23 is the same size as an Expert! I see the grip i slightly bigger, but overall about the same size. I always thought of it to be this monster truck sized handgun.

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Thanks for the report--- nice placement!!!

Tony

Unrepentant HKHolic

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expert_9 View Post
    Wow, I didn't know the Mark 23 is the same size as an Expert! I see the grip i slightly bigger, but overall about the same size. I always thought of it to be this monster truck sized handgun.
    Yeah, I think it's a shame what some innerwebs sour grapes types have done to those who do not have access to a Mark 23 in person. They call it crew served and other derogatory things so some who would otherwise enjoy the pistol are discouraged. It is a large size gun. That's it. It is not for concealed carry. It is for a specific combat purpose, that's it. My counsel is to find one and experience it yourself without the influence of trolls. There is really nothing like a suppressed Mark 23. Nothing.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I had problem with compact USP 45 shot like crap with it all other HK no problem went home grab my USP 45 full size on target.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links