Why doesn't HK make a 4.6 or 5.7 pistol? - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Why doesn't HK make a 4.6 or 5.7 pistol?

Teufelshund Tactical
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leibstandarte10 View Post
    Zero civilian market for it. VP9C/SK would be much more lucrative.
    When those are offered, you can rest assured, it will be because their was a LE program request for them.
    SF,

James

Heckler and Koch Certified Armorer (Heckler and Koch)
    Heckler and Koch Pistol, Submachine Gun and Rifle Instructor (Singleton International)

Owner, Teufelshund Tactical

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by exyia View Post
    HK is not a company that desires to actually make money.
    Fixed it for you...... ;-)

Do not think that no one has suggested a 4.6 pistol to H&K....do not think no one has suggested a pistol version of the MP-7.....do not think no one has suggested what is now the SP5K for YEARS before H&K finally got the stick out.......this is not even debatable, count up the number of clone manufacturers none of whom would be in business except for H&K walking away from the table with money left on it. Never mind MKE and POF. MILLIONS in lost revenue. It's like if something would have the potential for runaway success, they want no part of it.

"Not worth it"? FN proved otherwise with the 5.7 pistol. There are thousands of fanboys who will buy anything H&K makes, regardless of actual utility. Civilian sales MK23, I'm looking at you....

H&K has been disfunctional for YEARS when it comes to actually servicing their customers, it has been remarked on in another thread by a member eminently placed to know WTF he's talking about that that H&K has not even serviced their MIL/LEO clients in an appropriate manner. Civilians? "You suck and we hate you." People thought that was funny only because of it's resemblance to reality, not for any other reason. H&K does not really want to sell guns to civilians, for the last 20 years they have resented having to do so to survive financially, and they have no compunction about cutting their own throat in order to maintain that outlook. Not having stockholders to answer to is the only reason they've been able to get away with that.

Much as I despise the Beretta M9, and much as I love the P7 series, the P7 was not IMHO suited to be a military issue handgun. Too many small parts and too hard for many armorers to work on, and probably not (just MHO, I have never abused one sufficiently to know for sure) suited to a field environment. It's a gun for a professional, not an Infantryman, and I say that having been both. The VP9 on the other hand.....
    Last edited by Lamont; 09-16-2016 at 01:42 PM.
    "We do bad things to bad people".

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

No market for it.
    Even 357 Sig pistols seem to have been discontinued due to lack of demand.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Barth View Post
    No market for it.
    Even 357 Sig pistols seem to have been discontinued due to lack of demand.
    Which is unfortunate, along with the LE push back to the 9mm. Means I'll likely never get the P30Sk in .40 / .357, so that sucks. That pistol would be my one and only carry gun if it were ever to be.

However...HK did develop and release the VP40, so that does give me some hope.
    Last edited by hvrnaut; 09-16-2016 at 05:54 PM.

Requiescat in Pace
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by explosive_art View Post
    Why not even a conversion? If HK copied FN and produced a 4.6 pistol and then sold their PDW as a pistol in the US market they could make stupid amounts of money right? Why did they never do this. FN fan boys are lining up to spend 1200-1400 on a PS90. You'd think that HK would do the same. Are they just butthurt that Nato chose the 5.7 over 4.6 or is it that 5.56 PDW are filling the market niche so well its more trouble than its worth?
    Search P46 or UCP - lots of info here on HK's prototype P46 pistol.
    G3Kurz

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Unfortunately, there is no "realistic" market, and the price would probably be prohibitive for many!!!

Tony

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

there is no real or sustainable market for such pistol. The cost of the uncommon ammo combined with the likely high price of the gun itself, would likely result in limited sales.
    HK91
    HK94
    USC/UMP
    SL8/G36
    P7M8
    P9s .45acp
    VP70Z
    USP Tactical .45acp
    V51/HK51 clone
    HK45
    HK45c
    HK 416 10.5" upper
    GSG5PK
    P30Ls
    HK45T (OD Green)
    VP9
    CR556A1
    P30SKs
    SP5K

HKPRO Professional

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I wish they would sell slides for conversion. This way they don't have to make a new line. Just buy a 10mm slide and barrel. I bought an SD 9 slide and barrel for my USB 40.

I don't recall the length of the 5.7 off hand but a lighter slide and barrel and magazines, in my ignorant opinion, should not be a problem for the brainiac engineers at HK.

Premium Professional
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lamont View Post
    Fixed it for you...... ;-)

Do not think that no one has suggested a 4.6 pistol to H&K....do not think no one has suggested a pistol version of the MP-7.....do not think no one has suggested what is now the SP5K for YEARS before H&K finally got the stick out.......this is not even debatable, count up the number of clone manufacturers none of whom would be in business except for H&K walking away from the table with money left on it. Never mind MKE and POF. MILLIONS in lost revenue. It's like if something would have the potential for runaway success, they want no part of it.

"Not worth it"? FN proved otherwise with the 5.7 pistol. There are thousands of fanboys who will buy anything H&K makes, regardless of actual utility. Civilian sales MK23, I'm looking at you....

H&K has been disfunctional for YEARS when it comes to actually servicing their customers, it has been remarked on in another thread by a member eminently placed to know WTF he's talking about that that H&K has not even serviced their MIL/LEO clients in an appropriate manner. Civilians? "You suck and we hate you." People thought that was funny only because of it's resemblance to reality, not for any other reason. H&K does not really want to sell guns to civilians, for the last 20 years they have resented having to do so to survive financially, and they have no compunction about cutting their own throat in order to maintain that outlook. Not having stockholders to answer to is the only reason they've been able to get away with that.

Much as I despise the Beretta M9, and much as I love the P7 series, the P7 was not IMHO suited to be a military issue handgun. Too many small parts and too hard for many armorers to work on, and probably not (just MHO, I have never abused one sufficiently to know for sure) suited to a field environment. It's a gun for a professional, not an Infantryman, and I say that having been both. The VP9 on the other hand.....

Of course, this is your opinion but a flawed one at best...where are you getting your information from anyway, especially about HK being so dysfunctional? Perhaps I'm missing something but I must call it as I see it- And what makes you an authority on which gun is best for a "professional" vs. an "infantryman"? Not quite sure what that even means...
    HK Certified Armorer (handguns)

JDS
    Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by explosive_art View Post
    I guess I would like it if they made a conversion for USP or MK23 that was 5.7 but now we are just getting into my fantasies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Turkina View Post
    I wish they would sell slides for conversion. This way they don't have to make a new line. Just buy a 10mm slide and barrel. I bought an SD 9 slide and barrel for my USB 40.

I don't recall the length of the 5.7 off hand but a lighter slide and barrel and magazines, in my ignorant opinion, should not be a problem for the brainiac engineers at HK.
    A loaded 5.7 round is more than 8mm longer than a loaded .45 Auto. The barrel, slide, frame, and magazines would ALL be incompatible. There's no part in the gun that would carry over.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links