The Legendary Accuracy of HK continues in the VP Series

Thread: The Legendary Accuracy of HK continues in the VP Series

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default The Legendary Accuracy of HK continues in the VP Series

Law enforcement and competitive shooters have proven the VP series is reliable and accurate. My VP9 gives me the confidence to compete on a Championship level. What's your VP experience?
    Here is mine from the sands of Weshampton NY ... Enjoy and share your story
    https://youtu.be/LnjAbcYcTzw

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Default The Legendary Accuracy of HK continues in the VP Series

That is great shooting. What sights are you running?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dobe

“We used to carry knives,” he said. “Now we have to carry keys.” ; China Fences In Its Nomads and an Ancient Life
    Withers; Andrew Jacobs; New York Times July 15 2015.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nice shooting. I am surprised you could even bring that pistol into the Peoples Community of New York.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

While I can appreciate the fact that you're a sponsored shooter, a damn good one, and you are probably required to have a certain amount of posts on forums and social media as a part of your contract, could you at least try to make your posts not sound like canned copy and paste drivel, and instead actually try and communicate your love for the brand with the members of this forum? Or do you actually not give a **** who you shoot for and are just completing your requirements? Just asking...

Unrepentant HKHolic

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Wow angryelf, you're living up to your name. Wouldn't it be easier to not comment than to insult someone and be a prick? Why don't you ask what his "requirements" are before assuming? There are many of the team members that don't post here. Seems to me he's just sharing his competition experience and asking for others. If you don't like it ignore it, why be rude?

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Y
    Quote Originally Posted by dobe View Post
    That is great shooting. What sights are you running?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dawson's , they make a carry set too ! Thanks :)

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vjb.knife View Post
    Nice shooting. I am surprised you could even bring that pistol into the Peoples Community of New York.
    Thanks ! I showed up at a match in NY once and there were a couple detectives who wanted to chat . In the end they were nice and just following up on an anonymous tip . I guess my competition was trying to get rid of me ... lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JonFrost View Post
    Wow angryelf, you're living up to your name. Wouldn't it be easier to not comment than to insult someone and be a prick? Why don't you ask what his "requirements" are before assuming? There are many of the team members that don't post here. Seems to me he's just sharing his competition experience and asking for others. If you don't like it ignore it, why be rude?
    He actually did respond to the questions which were asked which is a good thing!

To address your comments, Because most all sponsorship requirements are the same, regardless of industry. (Yes, I have been sponsored and yes, I am a sales and marketing professional) They all have a component of being a "brand ambassador", where forum and social media posting would fall. It's a pretty common thing with sponsorships. So would be shooting a certain number of matches, and attending a certain number of trade shows or other promotion functions, etc. The company putting out the money wants to see a return on their investment, and that typically comes in the form of, as I mentioned, being a "brand ambassador". I was just simply asking if he could not send the members here a form letter, but rather actually engage us in conversation (which is happening now) and make us all feel like he is a real person. I don't think that's too much to ask...and I think it would go a lot further in promoting the brand and actually resulting in sales which is what the sponsoring company is after at the end of the day. Travis Tomasie sold an untold number of Para 1911's by being an active member of a forum because it made people feel like they were part of the team, so to speak...and now he's going to do the same thing for Remington. Because of social media people crave a more personal relationship with their idols and people they admire...a post like the original one just came across like a press release and today I decided to say something about it. That's all...whatever will be, will be.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by angryelf22 View Post
    While I can appreciate the fact that you're a sponsored shooter, a damn good one, and you are probably required to have a certain amount of posts on forums and social media as a part of your contract, could you at least try to make your posts not sound like canned copy and paste drivel, and instead actually try and communicate your love for the brand with the members of this forum? Or do you actually not give a **** who you shoot for and are just completing your requirements? Just asking...
    hi , I am not required to post at all here . Actually my first HK was an HK 93 that my mother bought for me in 1987 . I was at the ripe age of 15 ;) I used to shoot it in my back yard , it was super nice with the fixed black plastic stock . When I was old enough I bought a P7M8 and really fell in love with that pistol . That was my first competition gun , but unfortunately it had its limitations . I was always blown away how accurate the P7 was and how it inspired my shooting . I got away from HK when I started competing more seriously . Then I saw the VP9 and was blown away how awesome it looked . I was shooting a Glock and I said to my good friend "I would like to compete with that !" His reply was " have you ever seen anyone win a match with an HK ? " my reply was no and I went about my business . A few months later I saw an add for applications to Team HK and knew that's what I wanted more then anything . I sent my application in on my Birthday and four months later I was on the team . I have been shooting my VP9 for a year now . I dry fire every day for a half an hour , I live fire twice a week and fire at least 500 rounds a week through my VP9 . I don't pick up any other guns , I don't think about any other guns . My son asked me tonight " dad , what's your favorite gun? " I was dry firing and I said " this one " . He asked why , my answer was this is the only gun that matters in the world because this one wins . My loyalty to HK is driven through a desire to win and be the best . I rarely see an HK at a match , but people see mine . And I have respect and love for the brand , no canned info here .

Sponsored Links