True or False: The VP9 Tactical has the VP40 Recoil Spring - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: True or False: The VP9 Tactical has the VP40 Recoil Spring

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PC7 View Post
    Happy to help.
    BTW, the complete RSA is only $27 from HK USA.
    A very reasonable price in my opinion.
    Do you have a link to their web site, and the part? Or do I need to call them? Thank you for your help.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    218 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Skeezix View Post
    Do you have a link to their web site, and the part? Or do I need to call them? Thank you for your help.
    The part # was quoted above. Go to their website and find the number to call them. hk-usa.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Definitive VP-series RSA answers?

I've been reading a lot of threads on the VP9-T (no, this isn't about just that!) and how it has a different RSA than the standard VP9. However, I've also read that new VP9s are now shipping with the same RSA as the VP9-T. I've also read that the RSA in the VP9-T is the same as in the VP40, and other posts saying it's the same spring but a different assembly.

With all this confusion, can we get short and simple answers from those in the know on the following (preferably with part numbers if possible):

1. Has the VP9 RSA changed? If so, what was the old part number, and what is the current part number? If not, what is the original/existing part number?
    2. Does the VP9-T share an RSA or just a spring with the VP40? Either way, what is the part number?
    3. Has the VP40 RSA changed? If so, what was the old part number, and what is the current part number? If not, what is the original/existing part number?

Thank you! I'd really like to get to the bottom of this once and for all.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

According to the HK VP9 tactical web site

VP9 Tactical - Heckler & Koch

"Threaded barrel “Tactical”models have been added to the Heckler & Koch VP series. Except for their threaded barrels, these variants are identical to standard VP series pistols; only their weights and lengths differ due to the longer and slightly heavier threaded barrel."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Can a owner of both models please provide a picture if they are visually different and comment if the spring pressure differs between the VP9 and VP9T so this can be put to rest?????

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

All of the VP's are using the SAME RSA . I've stated this on other threads as well .
    NRA Certified RSO

Be where your feet are

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Crashmc View Post
    All of the VP's are using the SAME RSA . I've stated this on other threads as well .
    Your posts were the reason I asked, because I still see lots of people claiming otherwise and it's confusing.

Do you know when this change happened? And how did you learn about the full switch? Is there a way to tell which RSA your VP has? I've read they're no longer color coded.
    Last edited by DreadPirateMoyer; 10-24-2016 at 08:18 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Crashmc is correct. I have a VP9 Tactical and the parts diagram in the owner's manual lists the recoil assembly as part #260506, same as the VP40. That is all the confirmation I need..

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DreadPirateMoyer View Post
    Your posts were the reason I asked, because I still see lots of people claiming otherwise and it's confusing.

Do you know when this change happened? And how did you learn about the full switch? Is there a way to tell which RSA your VP has? I've read they're no longer color coded.
    When HK did the proto's for the VP series , both VP's ( 9mm & 40S&W ) had the same RSA . When the 9MM came out for the US market , HK came out with a little weaker RSA for the 9mm . That's why the 9mm had the red paint , so you could tell the difference from the VP40 RSA with no paint. When HK rolled out the VP9 TACTICAL , HK did a running ECN ( Engineering Change Notice ) to use the same RSA for all the VP's . It didn't make sense from a Functional or Manufacturing/Inventory standpoint to have different RSA's when one RSA will function just fine on the VP9, VP9 TACTICAL and the VP40 .

As an FYI , when I got my VP40 , which was one of the first ones out , I swapped RSA's and couldn't tell the difference in the ejection pattern. I've been shooting 115gr Freedom Munitions reloads with the new RSA with no F's of any kind ( about 600 rounds now ) .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

did you notice any differance in felt recoil with the current RSA from the RED painted RSA?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashmc View Post
    When HK did the proto's for the VP series , both VP's ( 9mm & 40S&W ) had the same RSA . When the 9MM came out for the US market , HK came out with a little weaker RSA for the 9mm . That's why the 9mm had the red paint , so you could tell the difference from the VP40 RSA with no paint. When HK rolled out the VP9 TACTICAL , HK did a running ECN ( Engineering Change Notice ) to use the same RSA for all the VP's . It didn't make sense from a Functional or Manufacturing/Inventory standpoint to have different RSA's when one RSA will function just fine on the VP9, VP9 TACTICAL and the VP40 .

As an FYI , when I got my VP40 , which was one of the first ones out , I swapped RSA's and couldn't tell the difference in the ejection pattern. I've been shooting 115gr Freedom Munitions reloads with the new RSA with no F's of any kind ( about 600 rounds now ) .

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links