Ever see this Before - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Ever see this Before

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mine did that after a few hundred rounds, same side even. 2000 rounds later it is still running fine. I think it is just some extra plastic around the metal part of the frame.

I Bleed Urban Gray
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Keycat02 View Post
    Mine did that after a few hundred rounds, same side even. 2000 rounds later it is still running fine. I think it is just some extra plastic around the metal part of the frame.
    I think you are correct Keycat. It's tough to tell from your pics @KillStick (cool avatar BTW), but my impression from the pics, is that the polymer coating around the rail has separated from the metal - something very normal and the subject of many many posts questioning the quality of the gun. I have this on most of my new HKs. The polymer could have easily come off the rail during test firing at the factory giving it the "chewed up" appearance you see. It's tough to tell what the deal is with the white part (your pics are just too small), but maybe some of the polymer that came off the rail pulled some of the polymer off the frame exposing internal fibers right there at the corner of the frame. It's probably just cosmetic, not functional, but cosmetics on a new gun matter. I think you are right to ask HK CS to look at it. Hopefully they just take it back and swap it out for you.

Keep your booger hook off the bang switch till you're ready to bring the hate

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yea I'm used to seeing some flashing come off the metal rails just not the entire plastic rail break off. If you look at a the rail it's self there is a good portion not even there. On the back of most Hk pistols you can see the rail protruding out the back or at least flush fitting. This one one the back rail is completely broken off and not seen on the back of the gun.
    p30 x2
    p30sk x2
    usp40
    usp45
    hk45x2
    usp9c
    hk45c
    vp9 od

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

My carry P30sk has probably 1000 fmj rounds and another 300-500 federal hst 147 gr plus p. It's got wear from carry and some of the plastic on the rails has come off but not in huge chunks like this brand new one. I just think it's very strange and I'm curious to see what Hk says.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ecsuser View Post
    Why didn't you inspect the firearm at the FFL before accepting the transfer?
    i do a normal disassembly and inspection before i accept any firearm . i don't care if its Arsenal, LMT or H&K, never get in a rush . it's one less headache i need .

i know H&K will make it right .

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KillStick View Post
    I would suppose Hk would do the exact same thing if I didn't accept it and my ffl returned it which would be to replace it. I'm not going to argue with you it's just a bad deal all around, should I have inspected it more in detail then what I did ? Yup, should Hk quality department have inspected it more than they did? Yup.

I'm just asking if anyone has seen this before. In all my years of firearms and shooting sports I've never seen a firearm shipped with a broken frame rail. This is a new one for me, so maybe my post will have someone inspect there firearm a little more closely and look for things they normally don't.
    This is the wrong forum to ask that question, and make those comments. It will ultimately be your fault or the ammo you use, or the place you put your thumbs...................just sayin.

Banned

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The OP has received good feedback and responses, Bone. Why do you keep posting stupid comments like these? Maybe you are on the wrong forum.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    This is the wrong forum to ask that question, and make those comments. It will ultimately be your fault or the ammo you use, or the place you put your thumbs...................just sayin.

Yea I get it lol, it's never the manufacturer.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Deutschland View Post
    The OP has received good feedback and responses, Bone. Why do you keep posting stupid comments like these? Maybe you are on the wrong forum.
    Because I came to this forum to legitimately learn about HK. Because I don't drink all of the koolaid, I get attacked or my comments deleted, which happens to everyone here who doesn't eat, drink, and sleep HK. There are many good manufacturers out there, and HK isn't the only one. It's a shame that the people and administration here are so juvenile, that they can't talk about anything else. I've said my piece, it won't happen again.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    Because I came to this forum to legitimately learn about HK. Because I don't drink all of the koolaid, I get attacked or my comments deleted, which happens to everyone here who doesn't eat, drink, and sleep HK. There are many good manufacturers out there, and HK isn't the only one. It's a shame that the people and administration here are so juvenile, that they can't talk about anything else. I've said my piece, it won't happen again.
    I won't hold my breath.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links