USP9
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: USP9

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default USP9

I just saw USP 9 @ my LGS. KD date code, no box, low serial number (under 1000). I have one KE date code, and don't know do I need another one. Is it worth to buy another one?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

How will you feel if you don't get it and then you go back there and its gone?

That's the question to ask yourself...

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

As I understand it, KD = 1993 = first year. Pre-change to polygonal rifling -- should have conventional land-and-groove rifling.

Is it worth it? (when is it ever *not* worth it??) The question is what's it worth to you? Do you want an earliest-year USP9? Do you have anything else you would rather put the money to? I don't know that the first year USPs have any particular collector premium, but I'm certainly no expert.

What's the LGS asking for it? What condition is it in?

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

They are asking $550. No holster wear and it looks like low round count. I was looking for Usp45 Tactical but this gun is in the excellent condition. And serial number is only 960... :)

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Soko10 View Post
    They are asking $550. No holster wear and it looks like low round count. I was looking for Usp45 Tactical but this gun is in the excellent condition. And serial number is only 960... :)
    $550 is halfway to a USP tactical. If you must have it, I'm sure it's a great pistol, I love my USP 9. However, if you subscribe to the the two is one, one is non theory...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I already have USP45 and USP9 and I love USP's...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just bought a three year old USP 45 for 500,-. I wouldn't want to miss all the updates that went into later specimen

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by r.neville View Post
    Just bought a three year old USP 45 for 500,-. I wouldn't want to miss all the updates that went into later specimen
    And I'm in the process of buying a 1997 stainless USP 45, well aware that I'll probably replace the firing pin and block, to get a 1990's stainless finish, non-laser-etched HK, mint example.

The point is not that you are "wrong," it is that IMO there are not enough improvements over the years to favor a later production USP over an earlier one if the "right" USP that you like comes along. The two biggest are the polygonal rifling and the upgraded firing pin, neither of which "needs" to be fixed.

To the OP: If it were me, I'd be asking myself why, given the USPs I already have and my desire to have a Tactical, would I put myself backwards from 1/2 to zero in my "Tactical fund" by picking up another "standard" USP? Just something to think about -- whatever floats yer boat is the only "right" answer.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I'll skip this one and going for tactical. Thank you all for response...

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)

Yeah--- unless the serial number is under 10, get the USPt!!!

Tony

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links