HK P7 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: HK P7

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)

Hey--- no bashin' @bastardsonofelvis and @Leperchuan0311 --- merely being the voice of reason!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The price seems reasonable if it's in good shape. I have a P7M8 and absolutely love it. I carry mine in a Milt Sparks VM2 and it is the most concealable gun I have. I'm in Florida as well and the finish has held up excellent even with holster wear.
    Last edited by BradcMp5; 11-18-2016 at 02:36 AM.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AgentHK View Post
    I'm in the market for a smaller gun to carry, the VP9 as much as I love it is a chore to conceal, esp. her in Florida. I sold an AR-15 and have some good cash to use.

I was looking around and found a HK P7 is great condition with the mag release on the heel of the grip. The guy wants $1300 and for that price I can pick up a USP compact and a Glock 43. I can probably get him down to $1000, but is the gun worth the hype and does one here use it as a carry pistol?
    To answer, the P7 will be a smaller yet heavier carry piece. Holsters are not hard to get. Parts, if needed are available. Mags are pricey. The 1300 price is not a 'deal' at all unless its almost anib, imo.
    Im in Florida, and have not had finish problems with either the blued or nickel finish.
    A good quality gun belt, due to weight, i have found as a key to regularly carrying the P7 comfortably.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I carried the larger P7M13 almost everyday for 15 years. If you maintain the firearm properly the finish will survive the humidity. They are heavy compared to new firearms. Parts, spare magazines and holsters are not as easy to acquire nearly ever other pistol available. I looked for almost a year for a reasonably priced P7 for carry and never found one. I'm picking up a new P30SK for half the price of a P7. If the firearm becomes property of a law enforcement agency as evidence you could be out for a long time and possibly permanently. This is why I bought the new P30SK and put my Colt Diamondback into retirement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have both p7m8s and m13's. To me the single stacks are much more comfortable to carry, Its really a small package compared to other CC pistols, especially when you take into account the barrel is 4.1inches where most other sub compact pistols clock in around ~3 inches at that size. And I know its silly to worry about the price of a gun compared to your life, but I would hate to give up a p7 in the event that I had to use it to defend myself..

Priest of the P7
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Several times in this thread and elsewhere I hear the argument "don't carry an expensive handgun, the cops will take it for evidence". Really, if you're involved in a shooting, that' going to be the absolute least of your worries and the financial loss should you not get the gun back will be negligible in the face of all of your other expenses and trying to stay out of prison.

If you're really that worried about money, it's probably best not to carry at all. If you do carry, you should choose your weapon based on more important criteria -- safety, accuracy, speed, reliability.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bastardsonofelvis View Post
    Several times in this thread and elsewhere I hear the argument "don't carry an expensive handgun, the cops will take it for evidence". Really, if you're involved in a shooting, that' going to be the absolute least of your worries and the financial loss should you not get the gun back will be negligible in the face of all of your other expenses and trying to stay out of prison.

If you're really that worried about money, it's probably best not to carry at all. If you do carry, you should choose your weapon based on more important criteria -- safety, accuracy, speed, reliability.
    This.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    I don't "run" my guns or "run" anything on them. Likewise, none of my guns are "platforms". I hold them up, not the other way around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'd really like to pick up an M8, but at current prices, I just can't justify it. I've been watching them sell on Gunbroker for well north of $2K, and seen a few milled police trade in guns for between $1800-$2000 locally. There are just too many other lighter, cheaper carry options. I'll keep looking, but I'm not real hopeful about finding one I'll be willing to pay what the seller is asking.
    HK45 LEM
    HK45c LEM
    P30L 9mm V4.1 LEM
    P30 9mm V4.1 LEM
    P30SK 9mm V4.1 LEM
    VP9
    P2000 9mm V4.1 LEM
    P2000sk 9mm LEM

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I won't pay that much for a PSP for a M-8 yes, keep in mind the finish of the P-7s is not as durable as the new offerings, I carry mine here in Florida if it gets cold, in the 98 heat no way.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

That I am guessing is a police trade in model ..I would not pay 1.3 for it ..900 maybe 1k if in good shape

I like the p7m8 if not just for the heat protucation on the front of it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links