HKPRO Forums banner

P7 finish

4K views 20 replies 7 participants last post by  CAPTJEREMYMILES 
#1 ·
Just bought a p7 and slide finish is a little worn. Does Hk refinish finish on guns or will it kill the value of my gun?

#4 ·
CHROME!! If you like shiny things. That thread I linked to has a bunch of great info on myriad finishes. Worn finish vs. refinished...personally I don't think there's much of a price difference. Guns aren't investments to me so I don't worry about it. Do what you want and keep the gun...and shoot it!

#6 ·
cap, the original owners manuals and takedown tool can be found on flea-bay and other Hk part sources, but you'll probably pay more than you'd like. As far as the orignal HK/german made reamer/scraper tool for the gas port and the bronze piston brush the best price I have found was on HK WebShop at $22 and $7 respectively. I should be getting mine next week. The early 1980s psp p7s didnt come with the reamer/scraper tool, so I figured I should get one now being its not $30-$45+ like most sources have been charging in the past. The $7 P7 bronze brush is worth having extra at that price. Otherwise they are normally $14+. If you do not care that the takedown tool & scraper being an original German made then the nifty looking US made 4 in 1 stainless steel scraper with takedown tool etc is $22 on one of the HK part sites.

#20 · (Edited)
I wish Nills could have sent them direct to me cuz Mactec just threw them in a flimsy Postal priority box with some crumpled newspaper. I gasped as I opened the crushed package. Luckily my $160 target P7 grips were fine, but I could easily see them snapped in Mactecs lousy packaging job. The target grips with the thumb rest are sweet indeed for accuracy shooting.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.