First Post :>) P7 M8

Thread: First Post :>) P7 M8

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default First Post :>) P7 M8

I am pretty stoked about my almost new P7 M8 I bought last month. I have never bought a used firearm in 30 years of buying guns. I have always wanted a P7 M8. My timing and or lusting for another HK piece has always put my M8 purchase on a back burner. A fellow from work inherited a P7M8 and was not a gun guy, he mentioned it me and I bought it. Anyway, since I have always had new stuff, I sent the pistol to HK in Georgia and have them go over the gun. The customer service was outstanding. The chap that looked my pistol over called me three times with updates and info. I couldn't be happier with the service experience I had. The armorer estimated that less the 100 rounds have ever cycled through the gun.

The following day of getting the gun back from HK, I took it to the range. The P7 has to be one of the most accurate pistols I have ever fired, it's as easy as my Ruger Mark II Target. The operation of the squeeze cocker is awesome. I know this is old news to most of the members, but I had to toss my two cents and praise for the P7. My only complaint is cleaning it. I put 100 rounds of 124 grain Golden Sabers through it and it looked like I put 500 through it. Disassembly and cleaning is easy but time consuming. A half hour at the range turned into three hours of cleaning. A small price to pay I guess.

I have lurked on this site for a few years before joining today. I never felt I had anything to say that wasn't already said. I know the P7 guys love them and I do to. Best of luck and Merry Christmas!

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dasboot View Post
    I am pretty stoked about my almost new P7 M8 I bought last month. I have never bought a used firearm in 30 years of buying guns. I have always wanted a P7 M8. My timing and or lusting for another HK piece has always put my M8 purchase on a back burner. A fellow from work inherited a P7M8 and was not a gun guy, he mentioned it me and I bought it. Anyway, since I have always had new stuff, I sent the pistol to HK in Georgia and have them go over the gun. The customer service was outstanding. The chap that looked my pistol over called me three times with updates and info. I couldn't be happier with the service experience I had. The armorer estimated that less the 100 rounds have ever cycled through the gun.

The following day of getting the gun back from HK, I took it to the range. The P7 has to be one of the most accurate pistols I have ever fired, it's as easy as my Ruger Mark II Target. The operation of the squeeze cocker is awesome. I know this is old news to most of the members, but I had to toss my two cents and praise for the P7. My only complaint is cleaning it. I put 100 rounds of 124 grain Golden Sabers through it and it looked like I put 500 through it. Disassembly and cleaning is easy but time consuming. A half hour at the range turned into three hours of cleaning. A small price to pay I guess.

I have lurked on this site for a few years before joining today. I never felt I had anything to say that wasn't already said. I know the P7 guys love them and I do to. Best of luck and Merry Christmas!
    Congrats!!!!!! Glad to hear about HK CS.......what did they charge for the service if you don't mind me asking?
    HK HK HK HK HK HK HK .. U.S.A Hidden Content

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Congratulations. I know you are new as a member, but you said that you have been lurking on the site for a few years, so you should know one of the unwritten rules of the forum is "Give us photos, or it isn't real." We love to hear your praise for the P7M8, but we really want to see some pics of yours!
    If "Dirty Harry" had been made in 1996:
    "I know what you're thinking: 'Did he fire twelve shots or only eleven?' Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being this is a HK MARK 23, the only offensive handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?"

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Happy to have you aboard. Many of us felt the same as you about the forum before joining. HK is awesome no matter which one you are pulling the trigger on. It's a great site for HKholics. Pass the Kool-Aid please.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Congrats on finding that gem. We would love to see pics.

Do you plan on using as range toy or a cc option?

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

That's a great way to start. Welcome and enjoy the P7!

Unrepentant HKHolic

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Congrats and welcome!! and pics please:)

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Default Congratulations

Great addition.
    P7 is the one Hk that I'm still missing...

Priest of the P7
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)

Not knowing you at all I can say with confidence that buying that pistol is the smartest thing you have ever done. Show us a pic and put some up in the P7 gallery and Merry Christmas to you!
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Congrats on the P7. It's on my list for my next must purchase. Pics though are mandatory because we can never have too many P7 pics. Merry Christmas
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    Thomas Jefferson

Sponsored Links