for carry USP compact or P2000 - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: for carry USP compact or P2000

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Moueix View Post
    I also looked at the P2000 this summer. They were trying to give them away. The combination of a hammer, and NO safety? EASY pass. DA 1st shots totally throw my triple tap, and dropping a hammered handgun without a safety? It was SUCh a pass for me. I found the P2K to be the weakest HK offering I have yet to see.
    What???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have a USPc DA/SA in 357 Sig and a P2000 9mm LEM. Both of these pistols are amazing. I can shoot the USPc in a little better group but not by much. If you can shoot a pistol either one would be a fine choice.

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

You won't go wrong with either. I've owned both, currently use a USPc for off duty. I like the feel of the grip over the P2000. Just feels better in my hand, so that's what I went with. Feel em both up & see what you like...or just keep them both :)
    Certified Heckler & Koch Armorer (HK416/MP5/UMP/USP/HK45/VP9/VP9sk)

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

JHT

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have had the opportunity to carry both the USPc in 9mm, as well as the P2000 in 9mm appendix IWB with a Wright Leather Works holster. Here is my opinion:

USP Compact:
    1. Prints slightly more then the P2000, also the USPc is wider this wasn't an issue except I almost always knew I had it on me especially while driving.
    2. I had Varient 1 now I'm not a very big fan of safeties on a carry piece due to the fact that while practicing I would accidentally activate the Safety during my draw. I'm going to assume that this is because of my style of and technique drawing from a concealed position. This was the biggest reason I switched to the P2000.

P2000:
    1. No safety just a de-cocker so no unwanted activation of the safety!
    2: Thinner frame, I honestly sometimes forget I have it on me because of this.
    3: The P2000 prints less.
    4: Same magazine 13 rounds for the 9mm.
    5. Same trigger weight and pull/reset
    6: Accuracy is the same

I would choose the HK P2000 over the USP Compact.

Hope this has helped.

For God and Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

As an added comment, I agree with everything JHT says, including the Wright Leather Works holster.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Man some great posts on this subject. Here is my 2cents worth. I carry both the USPc and a P2000sk. Yes I know you inquired about just a P2000 but maybe I can sway you to do what I did. First of all the USPc in 9mm is my favorite weapon. I carried it for for a while and really enjoy shooting it. But then summer came along and I looked at something a little smaller. First of all the mags are interchangeable between my two guns so although I looked at the P30sk the mag thing was the clincher. Second I got the LEM version on the P2000sk so the absence of a safety in this small gun was not an issue. Quite frankly I still shoot the USPc better than the P2000sk but the P2000sk is so light I barely feel it. I have both Clinger and TT holsters and use them all depending on what I am wearing. For me this is a combo that works, I sold the Ruger .9mm and the Colt and Hi-Power are safe queens. I live in Chicago-land/Chiraq and people are always asking about what I carry, I just say, If there is anything going down I am bringing the Germans with me!!!!!

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JHT View Post
    USP Compact:
    1. Prints slightly more then the P2000, also the USPc is wider this wasn't an issue except I almost always knew I had it on me especially while driving.
    2. I had Varient 1 now I'm not a very big fan of safeties on a carry piece due to the fact that while practicing I would accidentally activate the Safety during my draw. I'm going to assume that this is because of my style of and technique drawing from a concealed position. This was the biggest reason I switched to the P2000.
    I have both, and they are so similar in size, I can't see one printing more than the other. Admittedly, the P2000 has a more streamlined slide.

As for the safety, being a long time 1911 shooter, I shoot with my thumb on the safety, so never an issue with accidentally flipping it on. In fact, with my "ride the safety" grip, I was originally concerned of accidentally decocking the pistol. However, the way the decock is designed, that was never an issue. One of the beauties of the USP gun, is it is easy to convert it to a decock only (Variant 3 IIRC), which would solve your concern. However, seems like the P2000 is working out better for you. I just like the triggers on the USP pistols more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

USPc, personally. Similar to some, I owned a P2000sk in 9mm (V3) and it was my primary concealed carry choice. I preferred the manual safety and decocker of my HK45c (V1) though. I purchased the sk when I'd been looking for a USPc, and wasn't disappointed. However, I found that more often than not I was opting for the grip comfort of an X-grip and P2000 mag. I recently traded in the sk toward and in favor for my USPc. Side note, the P2000 / P2000sk prices seem to be somewhat on the low end, at least from what I often see in the greater Texas market (re-sale and new), while the USPc seems to hold value. Side side note, I happen to think the USPc feels better in my hand and frankly, it's still one of the coolest looking pistols HK has ever put out, imho.

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AGG View Post
    USP9c (Variant 1)!!!

Tony
    Yup

Ez

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 7jer View Post
    Side side note, I happen to think the USPc feels better in my hand and frankly, it's still one of the coolest looking pistols HK has ever put out, imho.
    Even though I prefer the USPc to the P2000, I kind of like the P2000 grip better. I like an arch to the blackstrap, like a 1911 with arched mainspring housing, or Beretta. Not necessarily the Quasi Moto hump of the Glock, though. :). The P2000 with medium blackstrap fits me real well.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links