HK45C Not Working Out So Far.. - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: HK45C Not Working Out So Far..

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I've been shooting for over 40 yrs.. Definitely still learning every day. First, if you can see that your sights are off, by eye, then they are off. I purchased another manufacturers firearm, and was shooting high right, which made no sense to me. My fault is always low left. Took it in and both the front and rear sights were off from the factory. It happens, and it happens more than you would think. I knew that, because I could see it before I even took it in. Second, I don't "target" shoot per se, I practice for defensive shooting. My old eyes just don't focus like they used to. I also sold all of my full size firearms and went to all compacts. Compacts are not easy to shoot. I don't care who made the firearm. 5" barrels are inherently more accurate than compacts for any type of distance shooting, especially in the hands of non professional shooters. I find that I have to hold compacts a bit higher than a full size for accuracy. Someone mentioned grip.............EVERY firearm is different, and you DO have to adjust your grip accordingly for EVERY one. I have found out how much, switching over to all compacts from different manufacturers. I have never heard of the trigger problem that you are describing. Sounds like the firearm just isn't comfortable for you. The only HK firearm I can own are one of the 2000 series(own a P2000SK) and maybe a P30. The rest are too large in the grip for me. Maybe you need a different flavor of compact?????? By the way, my best compact is my P2000SK, with XS sight system.
    Last edited by berettabone; 01-03-2017 at 10:53 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The mag drop is grip related. Happen to me once. As the barrel moves up, the slide release is being activated. I grip mine tighter and never happen again. The pistol is very accurate, but maybe just not right for you. If I had big hands, I would only own one pistol and no others. The USP45, what I feel is finest pistol at any price ever made.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I just purchased an HK45c LEM at the end of 2016 and found the rear site to be off center (very much to the left). I did shoot it this way but found myself fixating on the rear site. I took it to an expert armorer in Chalfont, PA (not only an expert, a hell of a nice guy) who adjusted the rear site and proceeded to shoot 2 rounds on top of one another at roughly 25 feet. Both dead center. He offered for me to shoot it at the time but I resisted as I wanted to get back to the range and not destroy his equipment around the range target. At the time, he commented that adjusting out-of-position "factory" sites is fairly common.

Finally at the range, at 9 yards I was hitting low and left by roughly 5"-6". I assume this is due to the long take up of the LEM trigger and pulling the gun down. I've only put roughly 100 rounds through it and am determined to keep practicing. I may not be as accurate as I'd like but, for self defense, it will work well and I'm looking forward to getting better and better.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Too big to carry, and too low a round count. I have one and can't remember the last time I saw it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brahma View Post
    Too big to carry.
    Why's that? On paper with a flush base plate it seems to be about the same size as a g19 only thicker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brahma View Post
    Too big to carry, and too low a round count. I have one and can't remember the last time I saw it.
    How does this help the discussion of why the original poster was having a hard time shooting his pistol? I think you know the answer to that.

Banned

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Update: I put on a hogue universal grip which had some palm swells, this helped create a little larger grip. I still have a hard time pulling back straight with my trigger finger, as my hands are very big.

I took it to a great indoor gun range tonight, where I ran into an expert level shooter, that is highly regarded in the community. He shot it and was able to hit center in a small group at 15 yards; I had him watch me shoot, I had a slightly larger group than his at the same distance, but mine was 3.5" to the left. He said that my form etc.. was all great and that it has to be with me having such long fingers (his was half as long(thats what she said)). It has to either be that I now have a stigmatism in my right eye, or something is happening at the very last moment before the hammer drops when I pull the trigger. I had some glasses on that should have fixed my vision from a stigmatism, so I don't know. I shot 60 rounds, some even on the table with a rest & all but two were in a small group to the left.. I was shooting an open sight AR the other day in the same range and I hit a tight group all dead center, it is very odd to me. I would shoot two magazines, then try changing my grip a little or try pulling the trigger a little different, same result, left. I let another guy who is quite proficient in handguns shoot it, he freaked out over the HK and said it was the best thing he had ever shot (owns a M&P), he also had midget fingers and shot center with it. I have another 200 rounds of .45 ACP laying around, I will likely see if I can figure it out, if not; I will get a USPC 45 and make it into a tactical since they don't make them anymore?

Banned

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Oh yeah, I had one mag pop out again today. The M&P guy also had one pop out shooting it after 1 round; both people commented on how insanely hard it was to get rounds into the mag, they thought it held 6 because of how difficult it got at that point.

Premium Professional
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Snowbro View Post
    Update: I put on a hogue universal grip which had some palm swells, this helped create a little larger grip. I still have a hard time pulling back straight with my trigger finger, as my hands are very big.

I took it to a great indoor gun range tonight, where I ran into an expert level shooter, that is highly regarded in the community. He shot it and was able to hit center in a small group at 15 yards; I had him watch me shoot, I had a slightly larger group than his at the same distance, but mine was 3.5" to the left. He said that my form etc.. was all great and that it has to be with me having such long fingers (his was half as long(thats what she said)). It has to either be that I now have a stigmatism in my right eye, or something is happening at the very last moment before the hammer drops when I pull the trigger. I had some glasses on that should have fixed my vision from a stigmatism, so I don't know. I shot 60 rounds, some even on the table with a rest & all but two were in a small group to the left.. I was shooting an open sight AR the other day in the same range and I hit a tight group all dead center, it is very odd to me. I would shoot two magazines, then try changing my grip a little or try pulling the trigger a little different, same result, left. I let another guy who is quite proficient in handguns shoot it, he freaked out over the HK and said it was the best thing he had ever shot (owns a M&P), he also had midget fingers and shot center with it. I have another 200 rounds of .45 ACP laying around, I will likely see if I can figure it out, if not; I will get a USPC 45 and make it into a tactical since they don't make them anymore?
    Apology accepted;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HK Certified Armorer (handguns)

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Im not sure about the sights but I have had my hk45 mag pop out on me during some range time. For some people. it's non-existent...go figure. I'm sure many factors come into play. It's prob more me than the gun, something is making me hit that paddle.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links