A puzzle for you to solve if you can! - Page 13
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: A puzzle for you to solve if you can!

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by orfeo View Post
    I have to say, trenace and all the other photographic anomaly posters are VERY smart and knowledgeable. I may be wrong, and they may be right!
    I was messing with this a while ago with one of my Berettas n low lighting. In which position is the hammer? Back, forward, both???

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Shutter speed is how people can take photos like this:

Or another one I messed with writing with a laser while the shutter was open (it's supposed to say "45").

Anyway, I digress but am sticking to my answer. I think you just got a photo at the perfect timing on the perfect conditions for the outcome.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Smile Hold on there

For the record, I still believe the explanation for the photo in Post #1 is most likely mechanical to the pistol. The photographic anomaly people have no more proof than I do at this point. While I admit I could be wrong, so I believe might they!
    HK is the way!

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Default A puzzle for you to solve if you can!

Since we know that the exposure is 1/125th of a second and that a flash fired (as I mentioned, at the beginning of the exposure), the shutter had to have been released just barely after the trigger broke. It seems very unlikely that the hammer could have been doing anything other than falling, since the slide would have shown signs of moving, gun recoiling, larger cloud of gas, etc. if the exposure had started after the hammer hit the firing pin. Again compared to the flash exposure, 1/125th of a second is pretty long. Even as dark as it was, there would be some faint signs of movement, since the gun would have been moving for most of the exposure (like the ghost hammers in Spart's photo).

It is an impressive photo from the standpoint that the OP captured the one slice of time where nothing on the gun was moving other than the hammer after the trigger was pulled.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Thank you for the kind words, orfeo!

And for the very interesting photograph and puzzle you posted.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

For the record, I still believe the explanation for the photo in Post #1 is most likely mechanical to the pistol. The photographic anomaly people have no more proof than I do at this point. While I admit I could be wrong, so I believe might they!
    And all you DID was take a picture with a camera . Got a ton of photographic conspiracy theories going on ........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Is it because, by some miracle, it acted like a short-stroke piston-driven AR, where the recoil impulse already imparted enough force to knock the hammer back without the slide having ridden over it? Just throwing a crazy guess.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Why is the hammer back?

I could be mistaken but that looks like an LEM Hammer.

On my guns, the LEM Hammer is normally loose. In the picture, it seems that it bounced back immediately after striking. I don't have my pistol with me, that is just my guess.
    Last edited by No.body; 01-21-2017 at 05:25 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Spart View Post
    I haven't read any responses, but here's why: It's not. When shooting a camera in dusk lighting, the shutter must stay open longer to capture enough light to create the photo. In doing this, it catches a sweep of the hammer rather than it's position at a milisecond. If it were mid-day and sunny, we'd not see it.

Shooting a camera that's shooting a gun in lower light is nice because it makes it easier to capture muzzle flash due to the longer exposure. IF you can find the sweat spot, you'll get the flash without the shot being blurry.

What do I win?
    ^^this would be my guess....its in the photography. The LEM trigger being loose is an interesting theory.I wouldn't know as I have all SA/DA. ...but I doubt HK would design something with the hammer fluttering around back there,eh?

We all know from dry firing it doesn't take much slide movement to move the hammer....but the slide hasn't moved a mm....so thats not it. I don't buy the firing pin theory for the same HK design reason above.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beendare View Post
    (snip) ...but I doubt HK would design something with the hammer fluttering around back there,eh? (snip)
    I have 3 LEM's. They all flutter, and much like you I wonder about it too.

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links