P7 PSP first range trip - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: P7 PSP first range trip

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mrabhorring View Post
    It seems to be in pretty decent shape. Has some holster wear and wear on squeeze cocker. But if this is the case, what can I do about it? Besides the springs, what major parts can be replaced? I'm probably going to post pictures soon to ask for some tips on conditioning.

Also I will likely replace the main spring soon as well.
    what i would do is sent to james ( marine0303) on this board he is the one that serviced all my p7 systems he specializes in the p7 p9 platforms he will give it a full going over and ship it back to you quickly and in perfect running condition

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yep, gotta hold and shoot the P7 just a little different than other guns because the recoil is more linear that rotating the muzzle upwards. If you compensate for how other guns move, you'll miss, as you found.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdave24 View Post
    Harsh recoil MIGHT indicate an out of spec/ worn piston.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leperchuan0311 View Post
    what i would do is sent to james ( marine0303) on this board he is the one that serviced all my p7 systems he specializes in the p7 p9 platforms he will give it a full going over and ship it back to you quickly and in perfect running condition
    These^

Assuming the piston is in spec, how soft or harsh anything shoots also depends on the ammo. I know from trying out various reloads that both my CCP and P7 dislike the hottest stuff. Increase in recoil until at a certain point, it jumps from slightly more recoil to almost painful, I'm guessing because at that point it's too much for the recoil mitigation system (recoil spring and gas cylinder) and the slide's bottoming out. Almost like going over increasingly large bumps in the car: you feel it but the suspension soaks it up...until it bottoms out.
    -Russell
    "You don't get to blame me for how I fix what you break."
    P30 v3, P7M8
    BMW R1200C

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links