Bought new HK P30sk and HK P30, both in 9mm V1 LEM. I like P30 series better than VP9 - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Bought new HK P30sk and HK P30, both in 9mm V1 LEM. I like P30 series better than VP9

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Bought a P30 v1 9mm off Gunbroker yesterday. Should be here next week.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bigB6flyer View Post
    I did more or less the same thing; you're not alone in your thinking. Got the VP9, liked it but it still felt like a starter HK to me. Bought the p30sk Lem ns and loved it. Decided to get the P30 Lem ns and sold the VP9. I like hammer fired carry guns. Carry those two guns quite often depending on the weather. The P30 Lem is like a Mercedes--fits and handles well, can do most things wonderfully. I still have a VP40 that I keep as a hedge on 9 & 45 ammo scares and I think it's the best striker 40 available as it's actually designed for the round. I feel my exposure to the usp line influenced my rationale all along.

i'm feel the same way. I got a vp9 and felter it was a starter HK too. I got a HK USP but realized its too big for my hands. So i'm looking to get a p30 now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    Bought a P30 v1 9mm off Gunbroker yesterday. Should be here next week.
    Congrats. You're going to love it. I do.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnius View Post
    i'm feel the same way. I got a vp9 and felter it was a starter HK too. I got a HK USP but realized its too big for my hands. So i'm looking to get a p30 now.
    The vp9 is an exceptional gun. I don't regret buying it. If I hadn't, I wouldn't really know what a good gun it is firsthand. And while I liked it and would never take away from it, I felt the p30 line met my requirements better. I have huge hands so the usp grip is good with me. I can see how it would possibly give someone w smaller hands some issues. You will really enjoy the p30 as its ergonomics are superb.

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Congrats and enjoy!

My very first pistol was a P30L in 9mm (v1, light LEM)... learned how to shoot with that pistol and loved it until I bought my VP9. For me, the P30L just wasn't nearly as balanced as my VP9 (same ergos with that grip) and it sat in my safe from that point on until I traded it in for a VP40 LE. The VP9 quickly became my go to pistol for all defensive pistol training... closing on 4,000 rounds (I know, nothing compared to many), but absolutely zero malfunctions of any kind no matter how hard I run it (knock on wood!). For me, it's so hard to miss with a VP9! Recently installed TFX Pros on it and love it even more!

I really tried to fall in love again with my P30L since I love HKs, but it was not meant to be. For me it's not a striker vs. hammer thing... as you can see I like both, shoot both well, and have no preference in that respect. However, I would not rule out a P30 in either caliber, maybe a P30sk, and have always lusted after the USP Expert models in all calibers. Love the stainless USP compacts too! Also love the HK45c... very close to picking one up!
    Last edited by JohnK1987; 02-11-2017 at 11:03 AM.
    HK VP40 (+.357 Sig barrel)
    HK VP9
    SA TRP Operator
    CZ 75 SP-01 Tactical 9MM
    Sig Sauer P320F RX
    Sig Sauer P320C .40 S&W/.357 SIG
    Sig Sauer P226 Legion 9MM
    Glock 21 & 30 (Gen 4)
    Glock 19 (Gen 4)
    S&W 686 Plus .357 MAG 4"

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Add me to the lit that likes the P30L better than the VP9. I really would love to see a P30 Compact. I have a P2000, but I think the P30 style grip would be much nicer.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Add me to the lit that likes the P30L better than the VP9. I really would love to see a P30 Compact. I have a P2000, but I think the P30 style grip would be much nicer.
    Try handling a P30sk. It REALLY doesn't feel like a sub compact at all. You can run it with a VP9 mag and an x grip and it basically make a compact length grip or run it as is and probably be just as happy!

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Graves14 View Post
    Try handling a P30sk. It REALLY doesn't feel like a sub compact at all. You can run it with a VP9 mag and an x grip and it basically make a compact length grip or run it as is and probably be just as happy!
    If I see one in a shop, I'll check it out. I have a P2000SK and don't like it as much as the P2000. Also, not big into the X-Grip thing, even though a have several of them, both for my SK and Glock 27.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bigB6flyer View Post
    The vp9 is an exceptional gun. I don't regret buying it. If I hadn't, I wouldn't really know what a good gun it is firsthand. And while I liked it and would never take away from it, I felt the p30 line met my requirements better. I have huge hands so the usp grip is good with me. I can see how it would possibly give someone w smaller hands some issues. You will really enjoy the p30 as its ergonomics are superb.
    For me, it seems like the curve of the trigger is just slightly curved too far out when its in straight DA for me. When i put in SA and then use the decocker, the hammer is a littler further out almost like a 1.5 action and the trigger is curved more toward the back of the gun, so its a lot easier for me to pull.

its not a huge deal but i would like a shorter trigger travel. I'm debating whether to sell the vp9 and usp and just get a p30 or sell the vp9 and just live with the trigger issue on the usp.

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)

Welcome to the site, and congratulations on the newest acquisitions!!!

Tony

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links