Mentioned
    65 Post(s)

Default World of HK - SP5K Update

SP5K
    “Sporting Pistole Reborn”
    SP5K was released on HK's Germany website 3/3/2016

Overview:

SP5K
    The SP5K is the commercial semi-automatic version of the legendary MP5K in caliber 9 mm x 19, which was developed in the 1970s as a concealed carry weapon for the purpose of personal security. Apart from statutory changes inside the weapon the SP5K is absolutely identical to the MP5K, particularly the interfaces for magazine, buttstock/receiver cap, handguard and sight mount. In conjunction with extensive accessory options the SP5K is a state of the art weapon system. In addition to the quick release Picatinny mounting rail and the slim line handguard with HKey mounting slots available as accessories is as natural as a buttstock support option and the ambidextrous operation of the weapon. The SP5K can be universally used both as a pistol or a shoulder-mounted weapon.

Available July 2016 – The new SP5K was developed by Heckler & Koch as a semiautomatic, civilian sporting pistol (hence the “SP” prefix) that matches the look and feel of the famous MP5K submachine gun.

The SP5K is designed and manufactured to meet the definition of a civilian pistol and marks the return of the roller delayed blowback system to an HK commercial product. This operating system is legendary in its accuracy and reliability. Originally developed on the Heckler & Koch G3 rifle, it has been used on several HK firearms.

The SP5K retains many of the critical features of the MP5, including its precision machined components and attention-to-detail quality. The SP5K is manufactured completely in Heckler & Koch’s Oberndorf factory in southwest Germany.

The SP5K is a safe, robust, ergonomic large frame handgun. For more comfortable shooting, the SP5K is equipped with an elastic “bungee” sling. The sling is easily installed by snapping it onto the sling swivel hardware located on the rear of the receiver. Using the sling makes firing the SP5K more stable and reduces fatigue.

The overall length of the SP5K is approximately 14 inches — slightly longer than an MP5K — due to its unique handguard. The SP5K hand guard is designed with special ergonomic and safety features to protect the shooter’s hand and provide a comfortable and stable grip.

Despite its size, the SP5K is well suited for sporting use. Using the proven roller delayed blowback system; the SP5K’s inherent accuracy makes it an excellent choice for target shooting and an ideal home security arm.

And a wide variety of accessories can be added to increase its functionality. A Picatinny rail scope mount is attached to the upper receiver and allows for optional sights to be easily mounted. Covered by Heckler & Koch’s limited lifetime warranty, the HK SP5K is a faithful rendering of the iconic MP5K as a semi automatic pistol.

Configuration and Pricing
    Part no. M750900-A5, SP5K 9mm with two 30rd magazines – MSRP $2699
    Part no. 750900-A5, SP5K 9mm with two 10rd magazines – MSRP $2699
    Part no. 206349S, Magazine, SP5K, 9mm, 30 rounds – MSRP $80
    Part no. 239257S, Magazine, SP5K, 9mm, 10 rounds – MSRP $80

Variants:
    SP5K exemplary equipped with mounting rail (STANAG 4694 Profile)

SP5K exemplary equipped with foldable buttstock (European Model)

SP5K exemplary equipped with mounting rail (STANAG 4694 Profile) and foldable buttstock (European Model)

Dimensions:
    Caliber - 9mm x 19
    Length - 13.9 in.
    Height - 8.66 in.
    Barrel Length - 4.53 in.
    Sight Radius - 10.2 in.

Weight:
    Weight (without magazine) - 4.2 lb
    Magazine Weight Empty - 30rd - 6 oz/10rd - 3.88 oz

Other Specifications:
    Magazine Capacity - 30 / 10
    Trigger Pull - 6.74 - 10.11 pounds-force
    Trigger Travel - .24 in.
    Return Travel - .12 in.
    Barrel Profile / Twist - Groove/land profile, 6 grooves, right-hand twist

Inside Case View:
    Update to World of HK - SP5K-sp5k-case-half-model-name-may-11-2016-web.jpg

Serial Numbers:
    Date Code BG 215-00040 to 215-004000

Manual, Data and Product Sheet:
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Oicani; 09-11-2017 at 06:06 PM.
    Saab95v6 likes this.
    "...but just like every other clone, they are copies of the original and copies are never as good as the original."

The Librarian
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)

I’m trying write up the material needed to update the World of HK by pulling information already available and will be updating this thread over time.
    Last edited by Oicani; 02-15-2017 at 09:25 PM.
    Saab95v6 likes this.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Bravo! Thanks for updating and leading the "World of HK" Update Army!

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)

Excellent work--- thank you for your efforts!!!

Tony

Teufelshund Tactical
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)

Shoot me an email and I'll provide you the SP5K technical data sheet. I think I have the promotional flyer too.
    SF,

James

Heckler and Koch Certified Armorer (Heckler and Koch)
    Heckler and Koch Pistol, Submachine Gun and Rifle Instructor (Singleton International)

Owner, Teufelshund Tactical

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

The Librarian
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)

Thanks guys! I'm trying!

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

great job...thank you!

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marine0303 View Post
    Shoot me an email and I'll provide you the SP5K technical data sheet. I think I have the promotional flyer too.
    Thanks--- even better!!!

Tony

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Superbly written, and an absolute pleasure to read!!!!

From the standpoint of someone who bought an original SP89 new-in-box back on March 20, 1993, I am absolutely elated to see that a new generation of shooters will be able to enjoy this phenomenal platform.
    For those of you who have never tried an SP89/SP5K, the line in the description which reads that the "operating system is legendary in its accuracy and reliability" is true to the letter.

I first rented an SP89 at the Targetmaster Indoor Shooting Range in Garland, TX in June of 1992, and saved every last dime until I could finally get one nine months later. Back then, before the internet, one had to arrive at the gun show early to have "first come, first serve" access at what you wanted, assuming that they even had it, and I was at Dallas Market Hall early that March morning for that purchase. It was a day I will never forget, even more than an adult lifetime later.

For anyone considering buying this weapon system, do it, you will not be disappointed. Just reading this terrific description from Oicani makes me want to go and buy an SP5K, even while already owning an SP89 and an accompanying Form 1 tax stamp.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I bought one two weeks ago. I put a Sig Romeo red dot on the top and am in total love with it. At first, I didn't get it... I'd never fired anything like it before, but holding it at the gun show and having seen the videos online, my interest was piqued. I bought it and was blown away with how much I like it. I was shocked at how accurate it was and how easy it was to rapidly create a nice group. The sling shooting concept is new to me, but it was a blast to shoot.

I debated the brace for awhile before I shot it, but I don't have any plans to brace it now. I went to the gun show looking for a P30 and left with another 9mm. No regrets!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links