P2000/P2000sk upgrades - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: P2000/P2000sk upgrades

HKPRO Professional

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DKC View Post
    Thanks az... I appreciate any advice on shooting better. I've settled on 124 gr bullets. Thanks to this sight I learned where to place the front (and rear) sights. Hadn't considered switching back straps. Might try that tomorrow. Left and low is where a lot of shots are going. I'll keep at it. It's kind of like a Ducati 749. Looks awesome, sounds awesome. Just wasn't a good fit in the end.
    The 124gr is an excellent choice for "breaking in" the pistol and all around use. But you should be able to use 115gr as well as my favorite 147gr in an HK. You will see a slight difference in how they all POI depending on range. The best part part of trying different manufacturers and loads is it's good practice and a bonding experience.

I'm relatively new to HK myself with just four years experience. I was issued and trained on SIG da-sa but prefer a dao for self defense. I came from SIG DAK so adapting to LEM was a little easier for me. Almost everyone new to HK has the same issue with shooting to the left initially. With me it was pad placement on the extremely curved trigger. Just keep at it and have a positive attitude. It's a tool and you're its master.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

AZ, thanks for the info. I, too, shoot to the left with both my P2Ks. I'll change the back straps around and see if it helps with my shot placement. I came from the P7 to the P2K, and the P7s I had shot like lasers. Keep the good info coming, fellas!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Hello,

I have a lot of P2000's and P2000sk's. Don't ask. I find that fit my hand perfect, and they are all V2 LEM.

With that said, I am looking to convert these to V4.1 LEM. Is there a full kit I can buy that includes all of the necessary springs and parts for the conversion?

I do want a V1 Light LEM trigger pull. Is this possible?

Will HK do the conversion?

Also, I just learned of the new thinner Trijicon HD XR sights. Does anyone know if they will be available for the P2000?

Sorry to piggy back this thread, but I just figured these were practical upgrades that others may also be interested in.

Thanks again

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by waddlingweezol View Post
    With that said, I am looking to convert these to V4.1 LEM. Is there a full kit I can buy that includes all of the necessary springs and parts for the conversion?

I do want a V1 Light LEM trigger pull. Is this possible?

Will HK do the conversion?
    Yes, yes, and yes.
    Buy the kits from HK Cust Svc and not elsewhere. You'll save a bundle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Halfway there. Last night I installed the firing pin block springs in both guns. Tonight I'll tackle the trigger return spring installation.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

To second TooSixy..... calling HK Customer Service is what I did

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mightymouse View Post
    Halfway there. Last night I installed the firing pin block springs in both guns. Tonight I'll tackle the trigger return spring installation.
    I would strongly recommend the TRS tool from HK parts. Before it, there was much wailing and gnashing of teeth trying to replace that stupid spring. The tool makes quick work of it and it generally useful for other tasks too.

In terms of P2000 upgrades, my preference is to add a tritium front sight and black out the rear, change to "VTGS" LEM (the V1 is a better target trigger, but the weak reset blows when you try to shoot with any speed). V4.1 parts to reduce the trigger pull distance (any little bit helps), and the HK45 magazine release. This setup is such and improvement to the stock P2000 that it should be a factory option.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yep, I have the tool. I spent an hour trying to put the first TRS in, came in for supper and read thru a few dozen posts here, then went back out in the garage and tried again. After two additional hours in the garage, I have installed two trigger return springs in two guns. Wow!! What a difference a little spring change or two makes! The triggers on both my P2000 and P2Ksk are so much better than before. I don't regret the change from V2 to V1.

I'm going with XS 24-7 Big Dot night sights on both guns, and I've already added the extended mag releases. I need a few more mags, an X-Grip or two, and a VMII for the P2000 and I'll be all set.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I shot a box of ammo each thru my P2000 and P2000sk yesterday. I love the new light LEM trigger on both guns! I also installed the large back straps on both guns before going to the range and found that the change helped me shoot considerably better. For anyone debating the change from V2 to V1, I say go for it! The big change in overall performance was well worth the hassle of installing the TRS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Out of the V1, V2, and TLG variant, the TLG is by far my favorite. I'm able to work the trigger much more consistently with the more positive reset. It really becomes evident when you start shooting faster. mightymouse unless you have absolutely terrible eyesight and cannot use standard sights, I would avoid the XS Big Dots like a dirty needle.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links