P30 - Trijicon HD Night Sights - Worth It?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: P30 - Trijicon HD Night Sights - Worth It?

  1. #1
    Member

    Join Date : Feb 2009
    Posts : 52
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default P30 - Trijicon HD Night Sights - Worth It?

    I'm considering upgrading my new P30's stock phosphorus sights with Trijicon HD Night sights as it will serve as my EDC. Thoughts and suggestions?

    I've heard complaints from some about point of aim being off once installed, poor fit, and sharp edges that dig into your side when carrying...are these still valid concerns?

  2. #2
    JFM
    JFM is offline
    Junior Member

    Join Date : Mar 2017
    Posts : 32
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    I have a set on both my P30's. No POI issues, but I've used HD's on every handgun I own and have had them since day one with each P30 so I may not be best equipped to answer that question. They are fantastic sights, the front site is easy to pick up with the U notch rear. I have both the yellow and orange, prefer orange. I will say that accuracy wise they are great, however at distance the front post tends to cover a lot of the target. If you're comparing them to a competition type fiber optic sight then its a noticeable difference.

    Now, the negatives. Sharp edges, every set I've owned has been a bit pointy. It's just the design. Can they be rounded, maybe. The only time I notice it is when I appendix carry, and that has been less often than not lately. If you use a hybrid type holster or even a full leather chances are the sights will never contact your body. Kydex holsters even with full shields generally do not provide coverage for the sights.

    The sights may require some fitment or adjustment/ filing. Any qualified gunsmith could help you, there is a gentleman on the board here called teufelshund. He does excellent work.

    In all, I love them and thats why they adorn all of my firearms. I've run xs sights, heine, dawson, oem night sights and I've concluded that the HD's work best for me. I know they are a slight investment, especially after paying for an install.

  3. #3
    Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Location : Central Florida
    Age : 46
    Posts : 710
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    Yes they are worth it. IMO they should be on every pistol lol. I have them on both of my P30's, all but 1 of my HK's and on all of my Glocks. I've even gotten rid of pistols because Trijicon doesn't make the HD's for them. I wish they made them for the CZ pistols. I would put them on my rifles if they were available lol.
    HK45 Tactical || USP45 Tactical
    USP9 Expert || USP9 FS
    P30 V1 LEM || P30S V3 Grey
    USP45CT LEM || CZ SP 01 Shadow
    Tavor || Bren 805 S1 FDE
    PTR91 || AK's AK's AK's

  4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Tuvia's Avatar
    Join Date : Jan 2011
    Posts : 604
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Default

    I had them on both my P30's they are excellent sights for what they are designed for. The problem I had was they would sometimes cut my forearm. A thumb break holster might cure that.

    The other thing is they are tall. They are very good quality and it is easy to pick up the front sight. They are not target sights and take some time to get used to.

    I ended up going with the bright and tough and don't regret it.

  6. #5
    Desperately Needs Treatment

    Join Date : Apr 2013
    Posts : 1,080
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JFM View Post
    I have a set on both my P30's. No POI issues, but I've used HD's on every handgun I own and have had them since day one with each P30 so I may not be best equipped to answer that question. They are fantastic sights, the front site is easy to pick up with the U notch rear. I have both the yellow and orange, prefer orange. I will say that accuracy wise they are great, however at distance the front post tends to cover a lot of the target. If you're comparing them to a competition type fiber optic sight then its a noticeable difference.

    Now, the negatives. Sharp edges, every set I've owned has been a bit pointy. It's just the design. Can they be rounded, maybe. The only time I notice it is when I appendix carry, and that has been less often than not lately. If you use a hybrid type holster or even a full leather chances are the sights will never contact your body. Kydex holsters even with full shields generally do not provide coverage for the sights.

    The sights may require some fitment or adjustment/ filing. Any qualified gunsmith could help you, there is a gentleman on the board here called teufelshund. He does excellent work.

    In all, I love them and thats why they adorn all of my firearms. I've run xs sights, heine, dawson, oem night sights and I've concluded that the HD's work best for me. I know they are a slight investment, especially after paying for an install.
    they have a new model (and it is currently available for hk) that has a smaller front sight post and dot
    i almost want to buy a new gun so i can get a set of the new sghts!

  7. #6
    JFM
    JFM is offline
    Junior Member

    Join Date : Mar 2017
    Posts : 32
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by macsak View Post
    they have a new model (and it is currently available for hk) that has a smaller front sight post and dot
    i almost want to buy a new gun so i can get a set of the new sghts!
    Thanks for the heads up, I might have to check one of those out. I have a new grey P30 on the way, so maybe I'll toss a set on there and give a report.

  8. #7
    Very Senior Member

    Join Date : Mar 2013
    Posts : 224
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JFM View Post
    Thanks for the heads up, I might have to check one of those out. I have a new grey P30 on the way, so maybe I'll toss a set on there and give a report.
    I have two sets of HD's, they are very well made. They do have sharp edges, but it has been no problem for me. My friend simply rounded the edges very slightly with a Dremel to fix his. POI has been no problem with either set for me. If I decide to install them on my P30sk I will look very closely at the new smaller version. The front sight is VERY large which is fine for a self defense gun. At the range on longer shots they are simply to big.

  9. #8
    Member

    Join Date : Feb 2009
    Posts : 52
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by macsak View Post
    they have a new model (and it is currently available for hk) that has a smaller front sight post and dot
    i almost want to buy a new gun so i can get a set of the new sghts!
    You're talking about the XR sights, right? Would be nice for a range gun but I'd probably prefer the original with the bigger front site for faster acquisition in a carry gun...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #9
    Desperately Needs Treatment

    Join Date : Apr 2013
    Posts : 1,080
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AustinGuy23 View Post
    You're talking about the XR sights, right? Would be nice for a range gun but I'd probably prefer the original with the bigger front site for faster acquisition in a carry gun...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    yeah, like everything in life, there are trade-offs

  11. #10
    Junior Member
    Mocephus's Avatar
    Join Date : Oct 2016
    Posts : 7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hunt7 View Post
    I have two sets of HD's, they are very well made. They do have sharp edges, but it has been no problem for me. My friend simply rounded the edges very slightly with a Dremel to fix his. POI has been no problem with either set for me. If I decide to install them on my P30sk I will look very closely at the new smaller version. The front sight is VERY large which is fine for a self defense gun. At the range on longer shots they are simply to big.
    I knock the sharp edge off the rear sights with files ...not a dremel. Dremel would work but I just want the sharp edges knocked off and patience and hand files work fine. Love these sights and have them on both my HK pistols and on lots of Glocks. On a 4" plus bareel these are very fast and still precise enough on the shorter barrels (G26 G43 G30s) I prefer XS big dots.
    Getting into HKs...more expensive than golf.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links

 
 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

hk p30 trijicon hd sights
,

night sights on your p30

,

p30sk trijicon hd sights

,

trijicon hd p30sk

,
trijicon hd worth it?
,
trijicon p30
Click on a term to search for related topics.

Tags for this Thread