SEAL's using SFP9M?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: SEAL's using SFP9M?

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Default SEAL's using SFP9M?

So I'm reading this article from an American Rifleman email about how HK is now 70 yrs old and they got to do a tour of the factory in Oberndorf. Good article and I always love to read and hear good things about HK. Towards the bottom is a pic of a SFP9M with the SEAL trident on the side and a note saying it is a favorite of the SEAL teams. I was a bit surprised to say the least....anyone else hear about SEALs/military users of the SFP9? Here is a link to the article....

https://www.americanrifleman.org/art..._campaign=0417

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Speedy2015; 04-04-2017 at 10:09 AM.
    I can still count my hk's with one hand....I just gotta start over once or twice.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by adlerburg View Post
    Hi... That would be interesting but after seeing the VP9's torture test failures (not very torturous), I would assume that's just hype.. unless the "maritime" model was somehow hardened in every respect?
    Thanks for the link to the article, was a fun read!
    Thanks
    V/R
    Mick
    That's a BS video you reference . Do you also believe light bulbs don't glow in the Sahara ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I am not sure whose logo that is on the SFP9M but it certainly isn't that of the US Navy SEALs. They SEALs carry Glock pistols these days. They just bought some Glock 19 MOS pistols w/ threaded barrels and some Glock 26 pistols to go along with them. Gear aquisistion can be easily found on .gov sites so unless someone has a link to an award then it didn't happen. This is even true for the Vanilla SEAL teams. As for JSOC, who knows, but I doubt it.

1005-01-658-7261, PISTOL,9 MILLIMETER,SEMI-AUTOMAT
    1005-01-658-1930, PISTOL,9 MILLIMETER,SEMI-AUTOMAT

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Banned

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

A lot of people do not understand that the US NAVY SEAL teams can pretty much get whatever they want and they do...most SEAL's kit lockers are filled with a variety of firearms. All firearm selections are mission specific.

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)

SEALS = .45 A.C.P.!!!

Tony

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OrlandoJones View Post
    A lot of people do not understand that the US NAVY SEAL teams can pretty much get whatever they want and they do...most SEAL's kit lockers are filled with a variety of firearms. All firearm selections are mission specific.
    This is not really true. They are able to get away with a little bit more as far as weapon modifications go (The USMC won't even authorize personally owned slings)vs the big army/navy but unless it is an issued weapon it is not being used period. Now they do employ the arms room concept which means that most SEALs will have multiple weapons assigned to them but it will all be issued kit. An example would be that a SEAL sniper would likely have and M4, Mk18, Mk20, Mk13, mk15 , and a couple pistols that he is able to draw from the armory. This model ensures that he has the right tool or weapon available for the mission while ensuring that weapons meet a minimum standard for quality/ proformance and a trained armorer is nearby to support them.

Teufelshund Tactical
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)

The reference to SEALs is misinterpreted. The SFP9 is the European variant of our VP9. The maritime version was designed for use by the German Kampfschwimmer. They are the equivalent of our US Navy Seals and are often mistakenly referred to as SEALs.
    SF,

James

Heckler and Koch Certified Armorer (Heckler and Koch)
    Heckler and Koch Pistol, Submachine Gun and Rifle Instructor (Singleton International)

Owner, Teufelshund Tactical

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marine0303 View Post
    The reference to SEALs is misinterpreted. The SFP9 is the European variant of our VP9. The maritime version was designed for use by the German Kampfschwimmer. They are the equivalent of our US Navy Seals and are often mistakenly referred to as SEALs.
    Good point....they probably heard the word SEAL and figured it was USN without asking...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Two things stand out after reading the article. Clue 1 - It is a SFP9 and not a VP9. SFP9's are European VP9's. Clue 2 - that is NOT a US Navy Seal Trident logo shown on the SFP9 pictured. American Rifleman should consider publishing a correction to the article.
    Last edited by Dehavilland; 04-04-2017 at 01:58 PM.
    MR 308 A3 20"
    MR 308 A1
    MR 223 A1
    HK 243 S TAR
    HK USC .45
    USP Expert .45
    MK 23

Unrepentant HKHolic

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

After watching the latest Mac video on the vp9 I think I'll only do combat in talcum powder.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links