My P30 blew up. - Page 15
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: My P30 blew up.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Location : Sometimes where the gun laws suck, sometimes where they don't.
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by astrom00se View Post
    And the "big three" are?
    Winchester
    Remington
    Federal

For the high volume stuff. But I could be wrong.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I normally buy from Magtech, Fiocchi, Aguila, Sellier & Bellot for 9mm, and almost all of my 45s are PPU, I've also shot remington, Blazer Brass. None of the mentioned has caused me any major issues. A friend's old Winchester 9mm ammo did have some FTE with my M&P9 M2.0 though. Blazer brass caused some failure to lock slide back on last round on my sig p226, likely due to under powered ammo.

PC7
    Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster62 View Post
    Winchester
    Remington
    Federal

For the high volume stuff. But I could be wrong.
    Yep, but I include Federal under the ATK umbrella which also includes CCI and Speer.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PC7 View Post
    Another reason to buy ammo only from the big three.
    Not that they can't make mistakes, but when they do, they take care of it.
    Not sure you would be saying this if the accident had compromized his hand/wrist nerves and/or ligaments.

I am more inclined to go with the up and coming manufacturers that have yet to gain the consumer trust, are still climbing the ladder to the top and therefore cannot afford to make mistakes.

PC7
    Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HighCaliber View Post
    Not sure you would be saying this if the accident had compromized his hand/wrist nerves and/or ligaments.

I am more inclined to go with the up and coming manufacturers that have yet to gain the consumer trust, are still climbing the ladder to the top and therefore cannot afford to make mistakes.
    So if he was injured, he would be better off with ammo from a smaller company? That makes sense.

Read the thread about the guy who blew up his HK with ammo from a "up and coming manufacturer."
    I think a link to the thread is in post #103 of this thread. Compare how his ordeal went compared to the gentleman in this thread and get back to me.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PC7 View Post
    So if he was injured, he would be better off with ammo from a smaller company? That makes sense.

Read the thread about the guy who blew up his HK with ammo from a "up and coming manufacturer."
    I think a link to the thread is in post #103 of this thread. Compare how his ordeal went compared to the gentleman in this thread and get back to me.
    No need to get all up in arms, I was merely expressing a different perspective. I don't feel the need to get back to you either, I can exercise my own sound judgment.

It has been stated by many, Winchester ammo is garbage, I have personally had horrible experience with Remington from customer service to quality control from and their shitty work on many levels of the gun industry speaks for itself.

You do and preach as you wish.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ARCTICDETH View Post
    the 2nd photo, looks like the bottom of the round opened up, blowing the charge directly towards the right side of the gun which n turn did all the damage. man this is scary stuff, to see it.
    That was my guess. I'm lucky have not witnessed anything like this in person. Glad you weren't hurt, it really looks like it could have tore your hand open.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HighCaliber View Post
    Fair enough, but if that's a concern then you might want to shoot a steel gun.

1972 914/6 3.0 (Gone and forgotten)
    1995 993 RS (Gone but not forgotten)
    2004 GT3 (Gone and forgotten)
    1984 944, 2005 GT3 RS and 2008 Boxster (Current)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Glad they made it right. Nice to see a company do the right thing even if you did have to get pushy.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LarryP View Post
    Fair enough, but if that's a concern then you might want to shoot a steel gun.
    I think I am being misunderstood.

I was merely responding to what I thought was the poster condoning a multi million dollar company for their bad quality control.

I personally do not think it is ok, and better still to support any business that can buy their way out of something like this.
    It has to be asked also if and when we do this, how does that contribute to the problem persisting?
    Additionally, wouldn't the more "accidents" of this kind fuel the anti gun crowd?

So that was my meaning behind my post: accepting and endorsing multi million dollar companies that compromise not only our safety but our enjoyment of shooting and possibly even our 2nd Ammendment rights.

And by the way, when I said *up and coming* I did not mean "bottom of the pile" / obscure ammo factories ( I went back to post #103 and read the link: I have never even heard of American Outlanders Ammo, or whatever it was called.)
    By up and coming, I meant the big 4,5,6..companies that have been around for a while with a good record.

I have also noticed a lot of us have attachements to brand x, y, z, whether it is our favorite car, gun or health insurance company.
    At some point they decide to start ripping us off and because we once felt good about them we close our eyes to a lot of things.

A bit like a bad relationship...:)

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Sponsored Links