My P30 blew up. - Page 4
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: My P30 blew up.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy1 View Post
    Are you serious?? Google Glock kaboom and check out the pictures.
    CZ P07 kaboom.
    CZ P07 Goes Ultra Kaboom With WWB Ammo - SIG Talk

dude, thats some serious damage. they just crack and fall apart. do the sigs, and stainless frames do this also????? scary, if your the one spueezing the trigger.

i just bought a 40sw. i don't have to accept it, maybe ill ship it b ack, get a refund, and buy the ups9 instead. hhhmmmmmmm
    FAMILY, faithfulness, compassion, honesty, empathy, trust, hockey, single malt Scotch 21+, Heavy Metal music, German, Irish, Belgian, English bier, what else is there...?

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ARCTICDETH View Post
    dude, thats some serious damage. they just crack and fall apart. do the sigs, and stainless frames do this also????? scary, if your the one spueezing the trigger.

i just bought a 40sw. i don't have to accept it, maybe ill ship it b ack, get a refund, and buy the ups9 instead. hhhmmmmmmm
    If the ammo is bad a USP9 will blow up just the same way. ANY gun can blow up if the ammo is bad .
    I personally saw an all steel 1911 blow up in several pieces from bad ammo . Frame, slide, and barrel were trashed but my friend and his hands were unhurt.
    Moral of this story : Don't buy gun show reloads .
    Last edited by Nick101ABN; 04-24-2017 at 01:25 AM. Reason: Add on info

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Glad you're fine. I hope WWB doesn't give you the run-around, and doesn't make your claim unnecessarily hard. They owe you a new P30. I stopped using WWB in all my guns because they are the dirtiest rounds I have ever used along with BB, and it makes cleaning a real pain.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Google USP kaboom LOL. BTW the P07 had the kaboom with Winchester White Box also.

https://www.google.com/search?q=usp+...WizSWTQRAu3-M:
    "The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
    ― Thomas Jefferson

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

If no bore or barrel deformity, your incident is most likely an over pressured/charged round, resulting in a case failure. This in turn caused the pressure to escape via the case breech, taking out the side of the frame and down through the mag well.

Save the case and the box the ammo came from. Someone else pointed out this sort a kaboom seems to have become more common in the recent past.....
    HK91
    HK94
    USC/UMP
    SL8/G36
    P7M8
    P9s .45acp
    VP70Z
    USP Tactical .45acp
    V51/HK51 clone
    HK45
    HK45c
    HK 416 10.5" upper
    GSG5PK
    P30Ls
    HK45T (OD Green)
    VP9
    CR556A1
    P30SKs
    SP5K

jmn
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wow! Glad you are ok. Hopefully Winchester will take care of fixing the gun, as I agree with the others, it looks like a double charge.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jmn View Post
    Wow! Glad you are ok. Hopefully Winchester will take care of fixing the gun, as I agree with the others, it looks like a double charge.
    Probably easier for them to provide the OP with a new P30.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

First and foremost, glad that you are okay! I'm interested to see how Winchester is going to handle this. My guess is that they will do the right thing. It's always scary to see this happen, especially with a major ammo manufacturer.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Unrepentant HKHolic

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

For those of you saying you're nervous about you or a family carrying a p30 put that fear to rest. This was an ammo issue, not a gun issue. It can happen to anyone at any time. Just bad luck. The p30 is a super reliable and durable pistol. It's almost impossible that this was caused by the gun. Just my opinion, of course.

To the op glad no one was hurt, that's scary!!

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

My man- u gotta relax. These things happen. I've seen it in both stainless (it was a sig) & polymer frames. You are getting yourself all worked up in this thread. HK is the finest handgun manufacturer in the world- but they don't make the ammo. Clearly this would scare the crap out of anyone, but the quality of the gun likely prevented serious injury. Just enjoy your new gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links