Grips on HK45 compact - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Grips on HK45 compact

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Again I love my 45c's but if it was that good in factory configuration like the fullsize, the P30 or better yet the VP series you wouldn't see so many people looking for extra friction to keep a solid purchase grip. Just my opinion
    HK45c

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I agree with allbusiness, everything in this world is subjective. I myself own a 45c and had to put a rubber Talon grip on it. Conversely, my buddy has one also and he likes the 45c grip better than the HK45. We are all blessed nowadays that we have options to configure our handguns to best suit us. If adaptive devices don't work, we can always move on and get something that fit better.

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I think Bogart and allbusiness have wisely summed up this whole thread. Firearms are as varied as the people who own them, and that's why shooting is so much fun. You learn, adapt, and enjoy the experience that differs from person to person as it should.

I do own a P2000 (40/357) and I use no adaptive grips at all. The gun stays firmly in my hands from shot to shot for both calibers. I've learned that the frontstrap and backstrap texturing are the most critical for my grip (and they are aggressive), where as the side panels (yeah, they're slick) only provide a supporting hold component for my palms which don't really sweat at the range. Since the HK45c has the same grip, I may not need anything else, but I'll see and decide when I finally shoot it.

Thanks to all for your responses. I am always learning something new and that's priceless!

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Banned

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bogart View Post
    I agree with allbusiness, everything in this world is subjective. I myself own a 45c and had to put a rubber Talon grip on it. Conversely, my buddy has one also and he likes the 45c grip better than the HK45. We are all blessed nowadays that we have options to configure our handguns to best suit us. If adaptive devices don't work, we can always move on and get something that fit better.
    I'm with your friend. I LOVE the grip on the HK 45C/CT and P2000 but hate the grip on the full-size HK 45 and P30. The original design for the HK 45 had the same grip as the HK 45C, I wish HK would not have changed that.

All personal preference. If HK ever did a run of the original designed HK 45's, I'd be ALL over it.

Banned

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lakelandman View Post
    I never understood why they never made the 45 compact with grips like the P30.
    I never understood why they didn't make the HK 45 grips like the HK 45C, like the original design. I absolutely hate the grips on the HK 45 and P30. I mean they did make it that way... The HK 45 was not mass produced in it's original configuration... Here is how it was designed by Larry Vickers, Ken Hackathorn and the guys as HK. They should have kept the original design, if they ever produce a run off that mold, I'll buy one. Until then, I'll stick with the HK 45CT.

As I said above, all personal preference! :)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

The original has the ergonomics of a brick (my opinion not necessarily everyones. Also my opinion is based off a comparison of the USP 45 and pictures of the "original HK45 design")

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

They teased us with those colored baseplates....

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I love p30 grip hands down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have a love-hate relationship with the HK45 & 45c. Like many here, I wonder why they didn't update the grip from the P2k era. More importantly, why didn't they build the gun around the USP mag! I sold my HK45 for two reasons. One, no Cross/Stag Horn & 10 rd mag. I love my HK45c but would much rather see a P30 in 45 with grip/ decocker update. I found virtually no or little size difference between my P30 and 45c. The slide is almost identical and the height is marginal.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lakelandman View Post
    I love p30 grip hands down.
    My P30 Grip is, for me, arguably the best.
    FS USP Tactical 45 second.
    P2000 third.
    The rest honorable mention LOL.
    End of the Day - they all work...

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Sponsored Links