P30 SK
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: P30 SK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default P30 SK

I'm thinking about getting a P3 SK and if I do it will ba in DA/SA As I have a couple CZs & Sigs with dockers and like them.
    My question is how are the factory trigger pulls on these guns and is there someone or someplace that does trigger work on HKs?

Thanks in advance.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Get the V1. Light lem. Its amazing. That is all !!!!!!
    FAMILY, faithfulness, compassion, honesty, empathy, trust, hockey, single malt Scotch 21+, Heavy Metal music, German, Irish, Belgian, English bier, what else is there...?

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

It's not great. Not bad at all though imo and I own mostly strikers.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ARCTICDETH View Post
    Tell me about the light lem as I have no idea what it is.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

The SA trigger pull will be nice but reset will be very long, probably the biggest complaint about the P30 series. The DA pull will be long and heavy but get better with use. There are lighter hammer springs for the P30 and P30L which work well but nothing officially for the P30SK though some have used the lighter ones and cut to size to work in their P30SK/P2000SK.

As far as trigger work on HKs. I have not had any myself but Lazy Wolf Guns - Rick Holm (formerly with Grayguns), and The SIG Armorer - Robert Burke are often highly recommended on this forum and who I would use if I wanted trigger work on one of my HKs.
    Last edited by grumpy1; 05-01-2017 at 04:09 AM.
    "The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
    ― Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leo61651 View Post
    Tell me about the light lem as I have no idea what it is.
    This video will give you a great idea about LEM (law enforcement modification). if you ever want to try and dry fire an LEM pistol at a gun shop make sure you rack the slide first to cock the internal hammer otherwise the trigger pull will be around 12 LBs. LEM does away with the long and heavy first DA pull but the reset is still long if that is a concern.

Link discussing LEM.

https://pistol-training.com/archives/8549 --- The LEM As a Street Trigger

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3Go3bgtoj8
    Last edited by grumpy1; 05-01-2017 at 04:14 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

grumpy thank you for the links very informative article on the LEM trigger, not sure it's for me but I think I will try and find on at a local gun shop or range to try out.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ARCTICDETH View Post
    Since you own a striker VP9 too (or was it VP40?) how do you like it in comparison - I have a PPQ, Sig P320, and a few Glocks and I'm very good with striker trigger systems but still looking to hone my shooting skills on other systems like DA/SA - is LEM more like a hybrid? No gun shops have one for me to fire, but I've checked out the HK DA/SA and yes the reset is long but its not a bad trigger, definitely doesn't scream "send me out for work" right away

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

The length on vp9 is short, and a very nice break, reset is also short with a nice break.

The LEM feels like a 2 lb as your pulling it to the wall, there is a distinct wall (not much) but it can be staged to this point, which is nice, every follow up shot is this light pull, which moves the hammer back, until the wall, then click. it is very nice. I am ONLY speaking from an unfired standpoint, i have the light lem, and plan on range time, but have not yet.

if theres a light strike, you have double strike capability ( yoou can squeeze the trigger in a heavy DA pull for this, the pull is i feel the same but a wee heavier than a v3 p30 da pull)

a very nice feature.

from what i feel, when dry firing, it is a supeb trigger. I went into this really sight unseen, not used t he LEM until i picked it up from my FFL. I immediately liked it.
    I am looking forward to training with it.

Grumpy's links are very helpful. thank you Grumpy !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Stiff Double action, but I preferred that. It's very consistent, but the reset isn't my favorite. However, it's a purely defensive gun and with training you'll find that reset in no time. So for me, it wasn't a huge issue. Plus I just wanted a new gun. We tend to always find a way to justify our purchases :D
    USP9
    P30SK

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links