MGW Sight Pro Tool

Thread: MGW Sight Pro Tool

HKPRO Professional

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default MGW Sight Pro Tool

Finally got my sight tool in. Going to try to replace the Heine Straight 8 with the 10-8 sights on the P30L.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Keep us posted as I'm curious about this tool. I have the MGW tool that works for Glocks, but am looking for a tool that can kinda do it all.
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more HK.

Banned

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The 10-8 sights are going to need quite a bit of material taken off the base, front and rear, to fit the dovetails properly. I tried using a regular file and it did not budge so I gave up until I bought a set of diamond-embedded files. I was going extra slow, taking off a bit of material at a time until everything fitted perfectly.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I've used the MGW Sight Pro tool on numerous handgun platforms, all with excellent results! It is truly a "do it all tool" when it comes to removing and replacing sights. Watch the video that came with it and read any directions also. Take your time and double check everything. When removing factory installed sight bases from slides, I sometimes utilized a few drops of Kroil penetrating lubricant 24-48Hrs before replacement. Also remember to file/sand the sights NOT the slide. Finishes can be deceptively thicker on the sight bases both front & rear which usually cause issues on well made guns, i.e. HK, S&W, Glock etc etc. FWIW, A now retired gunsmith/ armorer mentor of mine and others told me once sights are one time use thing, toss them when you remove them unless customer wants them back. He would not reinstall used sights ever! Good luck and enjoy!
    Last edited by SUNDOG; 05-14-2017 at 05:50 PM.

HKPRO Professional

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Punisher View Post
    Keep us posted as I'm curious about this tool. I have the MGW tool that works for Glocks, but am looking for a tool that can kinda do it all.
    It's a great tool! Really well thought out design and extremely versatile. It has safety features build in so you don't damage your slide. It's worth the money if you change sights often or on a lot of guns.

HKPRO Professional

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KoolBreeze View Post
    The 10-8 sights are going to need quite a bit of material taken off the base, front and rear, to fit the dovetails properly. I tried using a regular file and it did not budge so I gave up until I bought a set of diamond-embedded files. I was going extra slow, taking off a bit of material at a time until everything fitted perfectly.
    My rear sight went on pretty easily. The front was a pain. I took a file and took a little material off the front and a couple drops of oil amd it went in fine.

HKPRO Professional

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SUNDOG View Post
    I've used the MGW Sight Pro tool on numerous handgun platforms, all with excellent results! It is truly a "do it all tool" when it comes to removing and replacing sights. Watch the video that came with it and read any directions also. Take your time and double check everything. When removing factory installed sight bases from slides, I sometimes utilized a few drops of Kroil penetrating lubricant 24-48Hrs before replacement. Also remember to file/sand the sights NOT the slide. Finishes can be deceptively thicker on the sight bases both front & rear which usually cause issues on well made guns, i.e. HK, S&W, Glock etc etc. FWIW, A now retired gunsmith/ armorer mentor of mine and others told me once sights are one time use thing, toss them when you remove them unless customer wants them back. He would not reinstall used sights ever! Good luck and enjoy!
    Thanks for the tips and advice

Sponsored Links