P9S: last year of manufacture

Thread: P9S: last year of manufacture

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default P9S: last year of manufacture

I saw a P9S (date code "KD") that was for sale and sold before I got to buy it. It was a run of the mill Combat P9S in 9mm in beautiful shape. The S/N started with the letter "W" by the way. 1993 seems kind of late and the "W" in the S/N baffles me… What do you think?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I own a KE date code P9S Sport Group II/III model (1994) and I have seen photos of other KE date code models but all have been SG models. I have also heard of KF models. I have not heard of any P9S after that time. My guess is that these late model P9S were special order build made from existing stores of parts. W prefixed serial sounds really strange as all the K date models I've seen have normal serial numbers (1XX XXX and 4XX XXX). Is the rest of the number normal?

Premium Professional

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Did the P9S in 45acp use a W prefix??

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I just found a P9S W serial number. The only place I know it was used was for one experimental model W100. I think by 9 police for the W100 it means 9x18 so W series could be 9x18. Did you see the barrel marking for caliber? If it is 9x18 it would be an unknown one.

The .45s were 400 series i.e. 4XX XXX. STK XXXX for prototypes, 090 XXX for P9, 1XX XXX for P9S 9mm 2XX XXX for P9S 7.65mm 4XX XXX for P9S .45,

.380 ------ VM 0002 only one experimental
    9 Police --- W100 only one experimental
    9 PT------- PT100 only one experimental
    .22 LR----- 0001 - 0003 only 3 experimental

If it was a 9x18 that would have been an incredibly rare pistol even for a P9S series.
    Last edited by trbmv; 05-22-2017 at 09:56 PM.

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trbmv View Post
    I just found a P9S W serial number. The only place I know it was used was for one experimental model W100. I think by 9 police for the W100 it means 9x18 so W series could be 9x18. Did you see the barrel marking for caliber? If it is 9x18 it would be an unknown one.

The .45s were 400 series i.e. 4XX XXX. STK XXXX for prototypes, 090 XXX for P9, 1XX XXX for P9S 9mm 2XX XXX for P9S 7.65mm 4XX XXX for P9S .45,

.380 ------ VM 0002 only one experimental
    9 Police --- W100 only one experimental
    9 PT------- PT100 only one experimental
    .22 LR----- 0001 - 0003 only 3 experimental

If it was a 9x18 that would have been an incredibly rare pistol even for a P9S series.
    Excellent information--- now I am intrigued!!!

Tony

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

If it is marked 9x18, make sure which 9x18 caliber it is. I'm leaning towards the 9x18 Ultra/Police vs. the Makarov. DO NOT attempt to shoot the Makarov round out of a gun chambered for the Ultra.
    Don't p**s down my back and tell me it's raining (Fletcher in Outlaw Josie Wales)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks guys. No, I'm positive it was a 9mm Para not 9x18 Ultra. This was for sale on GB. I cannot remember who the seller was but they sell a lot of guns which they import from Europe, mainly Germany. There must be a German connection because I remember seeing someone named "Rolf" as the business manager. Damn, I can't recall what the company is called but they are out of Florida. Somehow I want to say "Heritage Arms"???

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Heritage Arms does a lot of imports. Udo and John run it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Did you save any pictures of it from the auction? If so, I would definitely like to see it to see if there is anything different about it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No, unfortunately not. Never gave it a thought to be honest.

Sponsored Links