P30L?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: P30L?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default P30L?

Just got back from my second range session with my new P30L/9mm. First session/appx 300rds, gun felt good, had Small strap/panels on. Trigger reset was noticeably "different" from ANY pistol I've ever shot before. Almost a two stage trigger on the reset. Just came back from second range session/400+rds, put the size Medium strap/panels back on, didn't notice the reset difference AT ALL. I've been shooting forever so I know EVERY gun is different, takes getting used to, but dare I say the P30L could become a Favorite? Gun shot like a laser! My 92A1's still my favorite, but VERY impressed with my first HK. I hope all the Newb shooters considering HK, aren't deterred by all the online BS about "Horrible" triggers, etc... After a little getting used to, who knows, maybe a favorite of yours also?

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 9mmskng View Post
    Just got back from my second range session with my new P30L/9mm. First session/appx 300rds, gun felt good, had Small strap/panels on. Trigger reset was noticeably "different" from ANY pistol I've ever shot before. Almost a two stage trigger on the reset. Just came back from second range session/400+rds, put the size Medium strap/panels back on, didn't notice the reset difference AT ALL. I've been shooting forever so I know EVERY gun is different, takes getting used to, but dare I say the P30L could become a Favorite? Gun shot like a laser! My 92A1's still my favorite, but VERY impressed with my first HK. I hope all the Newb shooters considering HK, aren't deterred by all the online BS about "Horrible" triggers, etc... After a little getting used to, who knows, maybe a favorite of yours also?
    Congrats on your new P30L. I own more that a few SIGs and my P30L 9MM is one of my very top favorite pistols. If one absolutely needs a really short reset then the P30 may not be for them but that is not the case for me and a lot of others. My classic P series SIGs have a long reset too so I am used to it and I like to shoot a variety of pistols so I always let the trigger a ways out between shots which works for me.
    "The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
    ― Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

If I know I'm going to do my "test" over 600-700 rds at one time, I will wear a mechanics glove on my strong hand, this also makes the reset 4-5 mm shorter, and helps my thumb pad from getting mildly sore with .40.
    FAMILY, faithfulness, compassion, honesty, empathy, trust, hockey, single malt Scotch 21+, Heavy Metal music, German, Irish, Belgian, English bier, what else is there...?

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

I've found I have a love hate relationship with the P30L. The gun is perfect save the trigger. And I agree with you on two fronts. 1. The trigger isn't as bad as people say it is. It also smooths out as you shoot it. 2. There's a pull to this gun like no other gun in my inventory. My P30LS has more rounds through it than it reasonably should based on how I fight with the trigger. But there's something that makes me keep coming back to it. As much as I love my VP9, USP9 and Legion 226, the P30L always calls me back. Great gun overall. Just that damn trigger keeping it from being widely accepted as being great. Though the trigger in SA is Identical to other guns that people love, they discount it because it should be better out of the box. Not saying I disagree completely, but there's plenty of triggers just like it out there.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

If it's an HK I probably want one.

I BACK THE BLUE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Knowing that I enjoy shooting my P30L, and it also being my First HK, would I enjoy the HK45 as much? Thinking about getting back into .45, I read nothing but good about HK45. I was hoping that model was a SOFT shooter also. Mulling over HK45, or Sig 227elite.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yep. I own HKs, Sigs, CZs, Berettas, Springfields, and Walthers, and they all differ in terms of grip/purchase, trigger management, and sight picture. That's what makes shooting these pistols so much fun. It's the learning curve that never goes flat.

Have fun with your P30L !!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Knowing that I enjoy shooting my P30L, and it also being my First HK, would I enjoy the HK45 as much? Thinking about getting back into .45, I read nothing but good about HK45. I was hoping that model was a SOFT shooter also. Mulling over HK45, or Sig 227elite.

We own both, ups and downs for each pistol.

I'm not gonna go over each thing that is good and bad. The P227 tactical is actually my wife's. She loves hers. She don't have to reload as much as much with 14rd mags,as they have a nice 14+1 extended which comes with it, but they stick out like the Hk45c elephant for baseplates. The P227 is fun to shoot, as is my hk45.

You really can not lose with either. Both are fine firearms.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have no issues with my P30's trigger (v3). It's by far my favorite pistol to shoot now. But I also don't mind my stock 2009 M&P 40 trigger either. Maybe I'm just weird.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Definitely. The HK45 is a great handgun. Very accurate and soft recoil IMO. I have the DA/SA factory trigger, and it took a little while to learn the DA. And after 1500 rounds and dry-fires, the DA has gotten a pound lighter. Not as buttery smooth as a Sig in general, but very manageable.

You won't be disappointed.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

No issues here either, sure I short stroke the p30 series more than I should, but they are for shooting, range time.
    P227 is nightstand duty/protection.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links