HK P30 vs P2000 vs USP Compact - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: HK P30 vs P2000 vs USP Compact

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes USP series Match/LEM Hybrid is known to be one of the best HK triggers available.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GOTURBACK View Post
    Yes USP series Match/LEM Hybrid is known to be one of the best HK triggers available.
    Okay, I get what you are saying. I was saying that the various LEM triggers are all about the same between models, unlike DA triggers. But you are correct that the USP match parts offer the smoothest version of the Light LEM trigger. But at the point where we are talking about 4.5 lbs triggers for a duty gun, does it matter?

Personally, I don't find even the "heavy" LEM difficult to control. None of them is like a real DA trigger in terms of trigger control difficulty.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quite a choice - all great guns. I carry the P2K daily concealed. Like you, I just like having a hammer, so the HK 45, & P2K are my only polymer pistols. What I like about the P2000 is how smooth & snag free it is. Mine is in DA/ SA & I did replace with a 12 lb wolf spring put 1,000+ rds FMJ, variety of brands through, to test, no light primer strikes. About 50 rds of my carry HPs , perfect. But I understand not wanting to lighten springs. Many swear by the LEM triggers, just not for me.

Mine has grown on me till I would not change. After 4K + rds, wear marks from draws, constantly in my belt, range work, she's taken an ass beating & keeps on running like a scalded dog.

Get what fits your hand, you'll use constantly, & it'll grow on you. If I need it for life or death, I have full confidence in any HK. Built like a tank.
    Good fortune to you
    Ret

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

USP Compact with safety and no decocker. The small gain from the ergos of the P30 and P2000 are not worth the crappy trigger.

JPG

P.s. If you want to make a better choice, get a VP9SK. It blows the P30 and P2000 series out of the water.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jpgeorge View Post
    USP Compact with safety and no decocker. The small gain from the ergos of the P30 and P2000 are not worth the crappy trigger.

JPG

P.s. If you want to make a better choice, get a VP9SK. It blows the P30 and P2000 series out of the water.

I have a VP9SK. Looking for something thats hammer fired in the "compact" category not sub compact.

DKC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i have/love my P2000 v2 but; had I known better, I would have purchased the v1 (lighter trigger pull). I had some trigger work done to it. Some have rightly pointed out that an edc probably should be stock. I can't speak to the others as my experience with them is pretty limited. Try to find the trigger that works best before you buy (or just start an HK collection like so many have!)

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Handy View Post
    Okay, I get what you are saying. I was saying that the various LEM triggers are all about the same between models, unlike DA triggers. But you are correct that the USP match parts offer the smoothest version of the Light LEM trigger. But at the point where we are talking about 4.5 lbs triggers for a duty gun, does it matter?

Personally, I don't find even the "heavy" LEM difficult to control. None of them is like a real DA trigger in terms of trigger control difficulty.
    Regardless of whether it is an LEM or a DA/SA the USP will have a better trigger than any P series HK, your opinion of the importance of a duty gun trigger pull weight or your perception of heavy LEM compared to a true DA does not change that.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GOTURBACK View Post
    Regardless of whether it is an LEM or a DA/SA the USP will have a better trigger than any P series HK, your opinion of the importance of a duty gun trigger pull weight or your perception of heavy LEM compared to a true DA does not change that.
    Actually, my opinion is that a DA/SA P30 has a better, more controllable DA trigger than the DA/SA USP. But let me restate that opinion as you would:

It is a fact that the P30 has a better DA trigger than the USP. ;)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I own all three.
    Personally, the P2000 is my favorite, it conceals better than the other two. If you're just going to use it at a range and not carry it, go for the P30.
    "Ever since I was a child I have had this instinctive urge for expansion and growth. To me, the function and duty of a quality human being is the sincere and honest development of one's potential."
    Bruce Lee

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ChefOTheRuler View Post
    I own all three.
    Personally, the P2000 is my favorite, it conceals better than the other two. If you're just going to use it at a range and not carry it, go for the P30.
    This^^^^^^^

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links